Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

When I sold my Roadster I kept the wheels they are 4 bolt and I don't need 4 bolt now.
So what So Cal guys want these? I would rather not ship them.

5 Mahle 914 Porsche/VW aluminum alloy rims. 4 are professionally polished by Romeros Custom Polishing in El Cajon, 5th wheel is unpolished with some road rash to use for spare tire.

The 4 polished wheels are straight and true, no road rash Excellent Condition/Show quality.

ISP billet hub covers and the correct original lug nuts w/chrome (plastic) lug covers.

Would like to sell locally, shipping not included. PP ok but added cost for fees. Located in San Diego

Price $725.00 or offer

dobriencmATgmail.com

1959 Intermeccanica(Convertible D)
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

When I sold my Roadster I kept the wheels they are 4 bolt and I don't need 4 bolt now.
So what So Cal guys want these? I would rather not ship them.

5 Mahle 914 Porsche/VW aluminum alloy rims. 4 are professionally polished by Romeros Custom Polishing in El Cajon, 5th wheel is unpolished with some road rash to use for spare tire.

The 4 polished wheels are straight and true, no road rash Excellent Condition/Show quality.

ISP billet hub covers and the correct original lug nuts w/chrome (plastic) lug covers.

Would like to sell locally, shipping not included. PP ok but added cost for fees. Located in San Diego

Price $725.00 or offer

dobriencmATgmail.com

Attachments

Images (3)
  • Mahle group sm
  • Mahles 1
  • Lilly on Comp Sm
Well hanging out at the computer this morning but Lilly the monitor ornament is hanging out in bed. That pic represents my hanging out attitude.

By the way, I lowered the price some on the Mahle's to $700.00 OBO
Remember this are authentic Porsche (914/VW) not Repop Empi's.

I could ship in CONUS (Continental United States) by Greyhound probable would cost around $50 to $100 max.
Cheers,
Dave
619-677-0221 cell
I cant tell by the pic you posted if you have removed the annodizing (sp). If not, you must do this prior to polishing. I have heard that Easy Off will remove it. This wheel has about 10 hourn into it after the annodising was stripped (using good old oven cleaner). It was work. I would send them to Al Weidman. Last I heard he was getting 135-150 per wheel - and they are magnificient!!
Sorry for the thread jack...
And I'm guessing you have to supply the core wheel to be polished? $50 a wheel would be a bargain.

I did use oven cleaner to remove the overpainted black and the OEM annodizing. I suspect I have 6-8 hours in each wheel using sand paper, WD sand paper, air powered small buffer with scotch pad (purchased from vendor at Carlisle), and similiar buffing ball wirth jewlers rouge. I do have Mother's red wheel ball and polish but too early for that. Good enough for now - mounting tires and will go back for 10 appearance sitting in front of fireplace when it gets cols.
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.