Skip to main content

I am planning to make a 1/4 tonneau.

At Carlisle I noticed straps hanging down from some.

Alan M. told me the straps are used to store side curtains.

I am wondering if some use them to wrap around the folded top.

I would like to know if people use the straps or not.

I think it would look better without straps hanging down.

But, if the straps perform some important function I would consider installing them.

Thanks

1957 CMC (Speedster) in Ann Arbor, MI

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I am planning to make a 1/4 tonneau.

At Carlisle I noticed straps hanging down from some.

Alan M. told me the straps are used to store side curtains.

I am wondering if some use them to wrap around the folded top.

I would like to know if people use the straps or not.

I think it would look better without straps hanging down.

But, if the straps perform some important function I would consider installing them.

Thanks
Mike, my straps have buttons that work great at holding the header bow in place. Like alan said fold the rear in first to keep the plastic straight end then fold over the header bow in the in the opposite diection like a totrtilla, snap on buttons and than the shelf is clear for bags and stuff. My side curtains came with a nice fitted bag so I just them in the bonnet for emergencies or road trips. I gotta get out of the car to put the top on anyway.

Marty
Before I put my stereo speakers in the back seat, I used to secure the top with the straps, being carefull to try not to crease the back window as has been mentioned earlier on.

After I put the suitcase speaker box in, I screwed snaps to the suitcase sides and used the straps to sort of keep everything from flapping in the wind strap

Attachments

Images (1)
  • DSC00040_edited
I'm tired of lookin at the "bare" top. Bout time i covered mine too.
Anyone else have pics of this ?

The TR6 bootcover has a vertical section (minimizes windage underneath, and hides back seat contents/valuables) and straps that snap near the floor .

scroll down to the color pic HERE :
http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk:80/rimmer/triumph/tr6/hood-frame#Hood%20Stowage%20Cover
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.