Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Kevin 'Coolrydes' Zagar has those on his specialty A-arm suspension Speedster, as well as the car he built for Doug Kingston (AZ).

Kevin 'Koolrydes' Zagar (Mendeola Trans & Suspension)

IMG_4458

Kevin's engine bay...

DSCN2375

Doug Kingston's Speedster (front & rear coil-over A-arm suspension by Kevin Z.)

IMG_0014

Attachments

Images (3)
  • IMG_4458
  • DSCN2375
  • IMG_0014
Last edited by MusbJim

Bob,

Personally I dont like the look unless you are going for "Hot Rod".  I know there are many tire options but there are not many wheel options outside of Fuchs and later P'car models.  16's would be a good comprosmise in my opinion.  With 17's you may end up with a 45 profile and it will look the pic above.  If you go 17's and tall profile then the car will be riding pretty tall.  Henry is the one to ask but I think you can run 16's and a 55 profile.  I would be after something like this.  Dont mind the Ford wheels. 

Last edited by Marty Grzynkowicz

Bob, before you decided research what tires will fit your new IM in 16 and 17 inch wheels.

In my opinion 17 inch wheels are a risk (visually), while 16 inch wheels are a safe bet.  With 17s you will be hard pressed to find a performance tire in a 50+ series.  As Frank mentioned a 45 or 40 series tire will ride on the firm side.  Also, what are Ontario roads like?  Hit a good sized pot hole with a 45 or 40 series tire and you will most likely bend your beautiful and expensive wheel.  I had 40 series tires on my monster Miata (17" wheels) and bent three of my four wheels in one year.  I ended up going back to 15 inch rims.

Last edited by Ron O

Listen to Ron on the 17s.  A 45 series tire doesn't have so much sidewall(read flex).  If you car rides high then you may be ok but if she's low then you might really feel it. Mine really hammered me into submission so much that I gave up, bought a new adjustable front beam and went to 15 inch wheels.  Now it really rides nice and I only really feel the worst of the bumps.  If your roads are really good thats another thing. Just something to think about.

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.