Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

I have selling my 1956 Porsche Speedster (manufactured by CMC). I am asking $9500. I purchased it in Ausin, TX 6 years ago. It now located in San Antonio, TX. I just moved from MI, so it is titled there. The car is in good shape. Not a show car, but a driver. I was told it has a 1776 motor, but I haven't verified. Below is a list of what needs to be fixed for it to be perfect:

-There are a few paint chips here and there.
-The engine leaks oil, but what VW engine doesn't.
-The driverside inner door handle doesn't work. Needs to be adjusted.
-Two small tears in the top.
-Suspension squeak coming from the right front.
-Steering box needs to be adjusted or replaced. I got a new one about a year ago, but it has some slop in it. Not dangerous though.
-It needs a new gasket on the fuel tank.
-The driverside window insert is cracked. I didn't know how to open the doors with it when I bought it. I don't ever have them in though.

It is a great toy that gets lots of attention. It just needed electrical work when I bought it inorder to make it a runner. Pictures can be found at http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/pjku79/56%20Porsche%20356%20Speedster/

Email me for questions at pjku79@yahoo.com

Pete
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have selling my 1956 Porsche Speedster (manufactured by CMC). I am asking $9500. I purchased it in Ausin, TX 6 years ago. It now located in San Antonio, TX. I just moved from MI, so it is titled there. The car is in good shape. Not a show car, but a driver. I was told it has a 1776 motor, but I haven't verified. Below is a list of what needs to be fixed for it to be perfect:

-There are a few paint chips here and there.
-The engine leaks oil, but what VW engine doesn't.
-The driverside inner door handle doesn't work. Needs to be adjusted.
-Two small tears in the top.
-Suspension squeak coming from the right front.
-Steering box needs to be adjusted or replaced. I got a new one about a year ago, but it has some slop in it. Not dangerous though.
-It needs a new gasket on the fuel tank.
-The driverside window insert is cracked. I didn't know how to open the doors with it when I bought it. I don't ever have them in though.

It is a great toy that gets lots of attention. It just needed electrical work when I bought it inorder to make it a runner. Pictures can be found at http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/pjku79/56%20Porsche%20356%20Speedster/

Email me for questions at pjku79@yahoo.com

Pete
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.