Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

I am pleased to offer this beautiful 1957 Porsche 356 Speedster replica.  Color combination of Tuxedo Black exterior with Dove Gray interior and new Black Stayfast canvas top completes the out ward beauty while the beastly drivetrain provides the high performance side of this dual personality Recreation.  You can cruise on Rodeo Drive and be the envy of all or put the top down and let the horses run over on Pacific Coast Highway. This beauty is at home and comfortable anywhere you want to take it. Needs nothing except a new home!  VIN # is 6470392.

The kit is believed to be a Classic Motor Carriages (CMC) kit, (they are the company that took over Intermeccanica's molds in the 1980s).  Mileage on odometer shows 15,XXX miles (appears to be correct).  

The car features:

- 1915cc VW Type 1 motor

- 4 speed manual trans.

- Brand new wheels with Toyo tires

- New carpet set and new removable side windows

- New battery

- New Stayfast canvas convertible top

- Engine tune up
 - Replaced transmission fluid
 - Did a general check of lights, gauges, wipers etc.
 - Momo shift knob
 - Wash and detail

Other Notes:

- Car is titled as a 1964 VW - should be easy to import anywhere

- There are Polk speakers in each door (one tweeter and one mid) but there is no head unit included

Car is a blast to drive.  Strong power and great sound without all of the computer and modern conveniences that take away from the driving experience. It's a trip back in automotive time.  

Interior is in super condition.  Exterior paint is very nice with some minor flaws here and there.  Overall, very presentable.  You'll be happy and proud to drive this car around town.

To view more pictures and videos, click below:

http://www.ronsusser.com/inven...-seats-1915cc-motor/

Contact me at ron@ronsusser.com with interest or questions.  Car is being offered aggressively for $19,999.topgunspeedstertopgunspeedster2topgunspeedster3topgunspeedster4topgunspeedster5speedsterrepme1speedsterrepme1aspeedsterrepme2speedsterrepme3speedsterrepme3aspeedsterrepme4speedsterrepme5speedsterrepme6speedsterrepme7speedsterrepme8speedsterrepme10speedsterrepme11

Attachments

Images (16)
  • topgunspeedster
  • topgunspeedster2
  • topgunspeedster3
  • topgunspeedster4
  • topgunspeedster5
  • speedsterrepme1
  • speedsterrepme1a
  • speedsterrepme2
  • speedsterrepme3
  • speedsterrepme4
  • speedsterrepme5
  • speedsterrepme6
  • speedsterrepme7
  • speedsterrepme8
  • speedsterrepme10
  • speedsterrepme11
Last edited by ronsusser.com
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

...But what about the jacket and the glasses? That is what completes it. Kelly McGillis... well, you can hang on to her but everything else... you know.

I just looked up her current photo... what happened?

Include the jacket and the glasses and I think this car will sell immediately. I would not make any mention of Kelly McGillis again.

Kelly+McGillis+2014+Winter+TCA+Tour+Day+3+t9ELYm5uEwcl

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Kelly+McGillis+2014+Winter+TCA+Tour+Day+3+t9ELYm5uEwcl
Last edited by Rusty S

I notice a few issues: missing small belt line trim, mirrors are not in the best visual position ,looks like something went on in the engine bay, air cleaners are too short to allow proper air flow, different gauges, top rear window is different reflectors in wrong place, deck lid latch is a different one and the fuel filter is in a location to cause a fire.

Last edited by Alan Merklin

Put a wig on me, that jacket and those glasses and I think I could rock that car... I suppose you could even put present day Kelly McGillis in the seat next to me.

So... I think if ronsusser threw in the jacket, the glasses, an original Top Gun soundtrack on CD, wrote a letter to Ms. McGillis asking her if she would allow herself to be sold with the car and she agreed then I'd buy it.

160628_ntl_top_gun_1252_16x9_9922

I feel the need!

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 160628_ntl_top_gun_1252_16x9_9922
Last edited by Rusty S

TRP is right about the bumper Mr. Susser. It is unique and unlike any I've ever seen on a replica or original speedster. Doesn't make it good or bad, just very unusual. Do you have photos of any other Speedster with that same bumper?

The rear bumper's appearance is consistent with other rear bumpers on replica Speedsters.

I noticed what appear to be two dimples on the top of the front bumper. Do they accommodate the mounting bracket system or do they seem to be landmarks for driving lights?

Last edited by Panhandle Bob

I just took the time to compare it to another Speedster that is for sale on the site and frankly, I like mine better.  Maybe it's an interpretation of the front bumper instead of a literal copy of the actual but I think it's more sleek and sinister looking.  Obviously, it's subjective but I'm simply offering my opinion now that you've educated me on it.  Certainly unique and different and I take that as a positive.

Add Reply

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.