Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

ronsusser.com posted:

Well this is a great place to sell a speedster isn't it?  I've enjoyed the spirited discussion and hopefully the members have as well and who knows, maybe it will sell.

It really is! Honestly. Give it a few days and I think you may come away with some offers and also a good idea of what a car like yours is worth. Ask questions! This is a great place to learn about all of the makes of replica 356's out there including yours.

Anytime someone posts a car for sale on here and you just happen to get a user id the same day you will get clobbered. From what I can tell it's a speedsterowners tradition so just hang in there! In the meantime take a look around, get out the microwave popcorn and read some of the past sales threads. Some of it gets pretty doggone entertaining! Who knows, you may end up liking this place and want to keep your car.

I certainly appreciate that Tom and Rusty.  I'm a big boy.  I can handle it.  Sure there are flaws and faults but it's all good fun and fixing the issues is part of being a responsible owner (next owner).  Besides, I think it's priced aggressively and the new owner will have money left over to change the air filters.  

I'm surprised that no one has commented on the Top Gun Ninja motorcycle.  Given the 30th anniversary of Top Gun, I thought that the pair would get more attention.  Either way, I'm enjoying my time here and I'm learning a lot and appreciate the kind words.

Rusty S posted:
ronsusser.com posted:

Well this is a great place to sell a speedster isn't it?  I've enjoyed the spirited discussion and hopefully the members have as well and who knows, maybe it will sell.

It really is! Honestly.

No, really it's not.

Guys who want to sell speedsters take them to ebay or some other site. Guys who want other guys to tell them they'll never sell their car come here.

Good luck, man. You'll need it.

BADSPD - Stephen posted:

I will comment on the GPZ900....  I have always loved those bikes.  For the condition this one is in (from the web site photos), I think like the CMC, it is priced high.   I have owned a lot of motorcycles and I have always had my eye out for an 84-86 Ninja 900.     

If I were looking for that decade I'd be looking at the Suzuki GSXR models. They were the bike to beat.

Rusty S posted:
crhemi (Bill) poboiinhawaii posted:
ronsusser.com posted:

it's you. gauges are fine.

Sorry, you need your eyes checked. Clearly the gap between the right gauge and center (Tach) is not the same as the gap from the Speedo and Tach.

I mean what's an 1/8 of an inch right?

Yup, would drive me nuts every time I looked at it. Makes me wonder about all kinds of things that could be off as well. Was the pan measured and cut properly...

Ron - the speedometer in my replica is probably off by a few MPH, my tach jumps around a little bit and my front wheels are a little off center in the arch of the wheel well. None of that bothers me in the least (during the 120,000 miles I've logged in my two replicas)...but these, along with the idiosyncrasies being pointed out, drive quite a few SOCers pretty crazy. 

It's all part of what we refer to on this site as "The Madness".

In spite of the little things wrong that have been pointed out, it's still a good looking car.I do like black cars! The black hides the rear wheel arch change fairly well; I had to go back and look after Tom drew our attention to it. Take all the side trim off (it's my VW background; I'd Cal Look anything!), fix the rear arches, respray and you have the beginnings of a fine outlaw! (after a healthy displacement increase and the addition of some aluminum wide 5's and matching discs, of course! I love spending other people's money...)

What size tires are on it Ron?

ALB posted:

In spite of the little things wrong that have been pointed out, it's still a good looking car.I do like black cars! The black hides the rear wheel arch change fairly well; I had to go back and look after Tom drew our attention to it. Take all the side trim off (it's my VW background; I'd Cal Look anything!), fix the rear arches, respray and you have the beginnings of a fine outlaw! (after a healthy displacement increase and the addition of some aluminum wide 5's and matching discs, of course! I love spending other people's money...)

What size tires are on it Ron?

...an olive branch Al?

That Ancient Guamaniac Sage, MUSBJIM wrote: "Ron - the speedometer in my replica is probably off by a few MPH, my tach jumps around a little bit and my front wheels are a little off center in the arch of the wheel well. None of that bothers me in the least (during the 120,000 miles I've logged in my two replicas)...but these, along with the idiosyncrasies being pointed out, drive quite a few SOCers pretty crazy. "

Wow......   Just wow.....  And I thought that I was OCD...

Of course, I did agonize for two days on the color to paint my heater control panel, but that wasn't from being OCD.  We went to to Vermont to see relatives that weekend.  The agony came from having to put up with my Aunt Ruby (and if you think I'm old and cranky, Well! ........)

My Celtic Knot horn button must be Sacrilege to the Purists, but that's exactly why I have it!

Add Reply

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.