Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

1957 Burgundy restored Fiberfab Porsche Speedster For sale.  It is in very good condition with only 11,500 miles on a 1776cc engine with quad exhaust and a Rancho 4 speed freeway flyer transmission. Some special items that come with this Speedster is a 12v electric heater, convertible top with side curtains with carrying bag, top and tonneau cover, headlight covers and driving lights, and luggage rack, car cover and battery tender.  New owner will also get the original Fiberfab Assembly Manual and all documentation that provides the history of this vehicle since being built.  Car is located in California and has free and clear CA title and registration.  Asking  $19,950 for more info and pictures call me at 805-735-1224 or e-mail.

Attachments

Images (12)
  • 001 - Copy
  • 002 - Copy
  • 004 - Copy
  • 008 - Copy
  • 009 - Copy
  • 010 - Copy
  • 012 - Copy
  • 017 - Copy
  • 020 - Copy
  • 021 - Copy
  • 022 - Copy
  • 023 - Copy
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by Dave (Speedster "D") Galvan:

Nice looking tub Gert... what year was it built? 19K is probably OK for other car sales sites, but a little high for this group I believe... but, you never now... :-)

good luck my friend...

Speedster "D"

It was restored completely in 1993 and runs perfectly and has always been garaged.  The price is always negotiable and cash talks!

Last edited by Gert
Originally Posted by crhemi (Bill):

$19K for a 20 year old restoration is way high. Maybe a fresh resto would fetch it but not in its current state.

Why's the air intake to cool your engine blocked off?

I don't know what you are looking at but nothing is blocked off.  If you are talking about the rear air intake - what you see is the rain tray underneath the grill.  It is put there to avoid water getting to the engine in all of the real Porsches I have owned.  This maybe a 10 year restoration but it only has 11,500 miles on it and has always been stored inside.  Also cash talks and it states I am asking $ 19,950 but thanks for asking.

Originally Posted by Colt:

Curious to hear what others think the value would be. Gert I am a cash buyer and live in northern Cal so can come to you.

Colton - I sent you a message off-line.  My availability to view/drive the Speedster is limited this month(Sep) - I will be gone 12 - 14 Sep and then again from 17 - 28 Sep.  After that just about any day is fine. 

Thanks for asking - Gert

What people are asking about is the covered "air access" hole in the firewall (you can see it pop riveted in place behind the fan shroud). The hole was originally there because the engine can't draw enough air through the grille alone at highway speeds to feed carburetors and properly cool itself, and the area in front of the firewall is a high pressure zone, allowing enough air to the fan and carbs. Speedsters with no hole in the firewall (and no air intake other than through the grille) will typically run ok around town but run hot on the highway.

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.