Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

I am selling my 1955 Porsche Speedster replica car. It was made by Intermeccanica in 1977.
The Good: new top, new side curtains. new banjo steering wheel, new tires, new 1776 cc engine with less than 500 miles, dual dellorto carbs.
The Bad: Windshield is cracked ($300), Carpet needs to be replaced ($400), about $400 in body work.

Why am I selling it so cheap? I took the car to a local mechanic to get a tuneup, they left the car in the rain and ruined the carpet. I filed an insurance claim, and the insurance company felt it was easier to total the car because of the water than to get it fixed. So the car will have a reconstructed title. I have all of the paperwork showing that it was water not anything else. That is why I am selling it for 1/2 the normal cost.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I am selling my 1955 Porsche Speedster replica car. It was made by Intermeccanica in 1977.
The Good: new top, new side curtains. new banjo steering wheel, new tires, new 1776 cc engine with less than 500 miles, dual dellorto carbs.
The Bad: Windshield is cracked ($300), Carpet needs to be replaced ($400), about $400 in body work.

Why am I selling it so cheap? I took the car to a local mechanic to get a tuneup, they left the car in the rain and ruined the carpet. I filed an insurance claim, and the insurance company felt it was easier to total the car because of the water than to get it fixed. So the car will have a reconstructed title. I have all of the paperwork showing that it was water not anything else. That is why I am selling it for 1/2 the normal cost.
ed...your new around here, this group isn't going to be that easy..
We need pic's, and a better explanation of what a "reconstructed title' amounts to in oregon and elsewhere....Salvage is normally what it is called...
and how does 1100.00 to fix it equate to getting it totaled by your insurance co for a car easily worth 10K minimum...the whole thing sounds very fishy.....
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.