Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

I need to put my Speedster up for sale and was referred to this site by Henry at Intermeccanica. There are 8522miles, original engine. I have had the car for 16 years, but it mostly sits. I have always kept her in the garage, covered. We only drive it on occasion in the summer, maybe 40 miles at a time, and maybe only 3 or 4 times. The link goes to some pictures. If for some reason the link doesn't work, I will gladly email as many pictures as I have, or maybe I'll figure out how to post the pictures here! I'm asking $13,000

http://s765.photobucket.com/home/apelly1/recentuploads

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I need to put my Speedster up for sale and was referred to this site by Henry at Intermeccanica. There are 8522miles, original engine. I have had the car for 16 years, but it mostly sits. I have always kept her in the garage, covered. We only drive it on occasion in the summer, maybe 40 miles at a time, and maybe only 3 or 4 times. The link goes to some pictures. If for some reason the link doesn't work, I will gladly email as many pictures as I have, or maybe I'll figure out how to post the pictures here! I'm asking $13,000

http://s765.photobucket.com/home/apelly1/recentuploads

I am in Boise, Idaho. Mechanically, the car's in good shape. The motor is a VW 1600cc, and the points and plugs were replaced recently, and carburator was overhauled. The transmission was worked on 2 years ago. Right now it's needs a new battery, I will replace that, but it does start with a jump or a good old fashion push start! Cosmetically, there are some scratches in the paint, mostly noticeable close up. The passenger door is a bit sticky, but opens. The carpet is torn a bit near the clutch and near the gear shift. Also, the latch for the canvas top is broken on the left side. Because of the year, it does not have AC or a radio, and has removable, canvass windows. The top is in perfect shape, and so are the windows. All the lights work as do the wipers. I have pictures of all the flaws in the paint and carpet for anyone that is interested, plus all the paperwork regarding repairs done by me. I also have the name of the previous owner. It's a great car, it just needs a little TLC and a good home! The car is titled as an Intermeccanica Speedster Convertible. If anyone would like to talk to me, just let me know and I'll be happy to tell you all about the Speedster! Thanks everyone!
Ami, for what it's worth, I think you're asking a good price for the car.
There are a bunch of pictures in the album there with little things wrong with the car, and not a lot of the car in a setting that would tell a buyer that the car can be a ticket to "get away from it all."
I might suggest taking a look at the calendar (first page of the site) and trying to re-create one or more of those kinds of shots with your car on a nice summer day. Use a flash for the picture, regardless of where the sun is, and stand off one corner or the other of the side you're on.
If there's any wax whatsoever on the car, you'll want to avoid taking a broadside photo with the flash, but using one from any other angle will make the chrome "pop" and really do well to make the car sell.
My two cents. Good luck with the sale!
Dave- IM ID is 8B0223. The year built and year on the title is 1983. I did confirm with Henry that was correct. Thanks for the kind words! It really is a great car. Just changed out the battery and gave it a tune up to make sure it runs perfect!

Cory- thanks for the advice! Our camera is on the fritz. Going to borrow one and see if we can't make her look perfect!
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.