Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

This 1956 Porsche Speedster kit is a CMC build.
Built in 1985 on a 1971 bug shortened chassis.
I have a clean title in my name.
There is no inspection due to antique plates.

All new Trim and chrome ($1100+)
New paint 1 year ago. 
Only 2 flaws in paint is very small and hard to see, passenger side below the light, behind the bumper other is on the front bumper below trim where it got scratched loading onto a trailer.

This was owned by a police officer in Lake Charles LA before me, I forget where he said he got it but he had owned it for 9 years and had repainted and replaced the trim etc. 
He told me he was the second owner. 

Things that are not perfect - 
Gas tank is ugly, it's just a big box tank, I'm planning on covering with trunk carpet (included). 
Speedometer is not working, makes a clicking sound (mechanic said it was a really easy fix) but I'd like to upgrade to a better-looking one.
Gauges are 1971 vw bug, ugly and small, the 356 should have larger porsche gauges 
1600cc engine runs great, single carb - could use a good detail.

Things that are great about this speedster - 
Gets tons of looks, is a blast to drive, it's hard not to wear a silly grin.
Paint is in GREAT shape
Trim is all-new in perfect shape
Convertible Top is in 8 of 10 shape and functions as it should
Comes with plexiglass side windows (i've never used but was told the cost $350)
There is no ugly radio (just an amp and speakers - you plug your ipod or phone into the amp and it sounds great!)
Tires are 85-90%
1600cc cruises at 75mph all day
Easily fits in a full garage
I'm 6'6" tall and can still fit in the car!
Doesn't leak oil.
No Rust (pans were replaced)
All lights, turn signals and everything on the car work as should (minus the speedometer)
New seats and carpet 2 years ago (seats are 9/10, carpet 7/10)
Brand new Nardi Steering wheel ($350)
Brand new Disc Breaks on all 4 wheels with 2 ½ drop spindles ($1500+)

Please do not ask if it's still for sale - if you see this ad it's still for sale. 
email or text me with trade offers.

Jeff Bednar
214.680.853five

MORE PICTURES AT:
http://bednar.smugmug.com/Cars...6-Porsche-Speedster/

Attachments

Images (9)
  • 56 porsche
  • DSC_0100
  • DSC_0112
  • DSC_0119
  • DSC_0111
  • DSC_0109
  • DSC_0108
  • DSC_0105
  • DSC_0098
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You've got to do something with the mis-matched dash gauges and the saggy door panels since they are first thing seen when you look inside.  Get proper gauges - Porsche 914 are nice and new VS door panels at least. Engine compartment is grimy too - at least upgrade to alternator and dual carbs. Looks like a marine gas tank to me - the 16 gallon large capacity VW one from CIP1 would drop right in for about $100 (get their cap with it). Do above and with a spring sale you can expect $14-16k. 

Last edited by WOLFGANG

Wolfgang - that's the plan, I'm slowly going through and doing exactly that, the door panels are next, then engine compartment, I may put a 1915 or 2180 in. I just finished all 4 disc breaks so that if I go with the bigger engine I'll have the nessessary stopping power. The guages and dash will probably be last as I'll need to get someone to redo the fiberglass and paint. 

It's a work in progress, if someone wants to buy as is I'll sell it, if not I'll keep playing with it until it sells. 

My car hobby is funded from my car hobby, I've owned over 120 cars in the last 10 years, 25-30 of them were vintage "fun cars." 

The only reason I'm moving this one is so i can spend $10k or so on my 65 vw bus.

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.