Skip to main content

I went to the Intermeccanica shop in Vancouver back in the early nineties and was welcomed and had a great tour of the shop.  Wanted a Roadster very much but never got one.  A couple of weeks ago I was looking at a house for sale down the block from mine in the Paseo Arts District of Oklahoma City.  Over the fence in the next yard was a black Intermeccanica in sad shape.  Long story short I was able to buy it from the gentleman and brought it home.  Now a proud owner of a Intermeccanica Roadster.  

Attachments

Images (2)
  • IMG_9119
  • IMG_9069
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks everybody for the welcome.   The car is a tube framed car that has metal floor pans that are rusted out under the seats.  Have braced with a temporary plywood overlay so the car is driveable.  The original leather seats are shot as are the front carpets.  Has a single solex.  I have already added a rack, headlight griil guards, cocoa mats, aero mirrors and just got new chrome 4 lug wheels with nipple hubcaps.  I have had 911's & 356's in the past and the Intermeccanica is just as fun to drive.  Took it out old Route 66 last Sunday.  Did about a hundred miles but had to get it home when the brake pedal went away.  Will look at brake system this weekend. 

Attachments

Images (2)
  • At Pop's on Route 66

Nice find, Mark.

Way back in 1984 a local TV show called Driver's Seat did a short piece on an Intermeccanica Roadster.   I mailed IM a letter asking for a price list and spend hours going over the material IM sent me.

In the end I realized I couldn't afford one and put the thoughts of owning a new 1984 IM out of my head (Sort of).

Then in 1999, a year before by 50th birthday, I decided to treat myself  and finally get that IM.  I still couldn't afford a new one, so I started looking for a used Roadster.

I ended up buying a used 1984 IM Roadster from Henry.  It was the same year car as the price/option list that IM had sent me back in 1894.

Cool story much like mine.   Went all the way to Vancouver in the early nineties but couldn't justify it then.   Then to stumble across on in a backyard one block from my house.  Very long odds on that happening but it did.   Looking very much forward to making the changes I want then once I have it to my liking then blowing it apart and sending it to my painter.  Did that on my old Beemer. 

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 1974 R90/6: Wixom fairing, Craven Panniers, Hein Gericke 10 gallon tank & Luftmeister exhaust shields.  All period correct.
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.