Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

Well, I've decided to sell the Spyder. Love the car but its time to move on to a new project. I've decided to build a Lotus 7. In order to do that I have to free up some garage space and some money.

Here is a list of what's been done to the car to date:

The engine is an 1835cc engine with dual Weber 40 IDFs, upgraded Empi rocker arm shafts, Darios valve covers vented to an Empi breather box and new Empi hex bar linkage upgraded with the "Bye, bye hex bar blues" mod seen elseware in the forum. Empi 2.5 quart deep sump installed last winter. Header and muffler ceramic coated 2 winters ago.

The car has 4 wheel wide five disk brakes with S.S. braided lines and comes with 5 silver powder coated wheels. 4.5" up front 5.5 in the rear and a 4" spare.

Oil cooler grill, helmut fairing, and brake/signal lights bought from Greg last winter.

I installed a new pedal set ordered from Russ at Fibersteel. Comes with black uprights and silver pedal covers. Also orded from Russ: Cowl mirror, front and rear drum skinz, dash grab handle, leather rear bonnet straps.

I also installed aluminum floor/front bulkhead covers. These run between the frame rails from the front bulkhead to the rear firewall. The rest of the interior is the original red carpet.

Now, I want to be 100% honest with everyone there are a few things that I would do if I was to keep the car. I would install new steering wheel and E-brake cables. I couldn't decide if I wanted to put in a nice repoduction 550 E-brake handle or keep my old one so I never ended up buying new cables. The steering wheel works fine but is not the typical Nardi or Banjo that most people use. As well, when I did the horn button/starter button change over I intended to put on a Banjo wheel but never got around to it and therefore never bothered to hook up the horn. I know stupid to drive a car this small with no horn! The paint on this car is from the original bulid and is starting to show its age. There are the typical spider cracks and rock chips common to all cars this age, but it still looks great and its only when you get really close that you notice.

The car appraised at $27000 CDN when I bought it, before doing all the previously mentioned work. My rough calculations put my total at about $4500 for all the upgrades. The car is located in Lethbridge Alberta, so for all you fellow Canadians looking for car in Canada heres you chance. (I'll sell it to Americans too, don't want to leave anybody out!)
$25000 CDN or best offer.

My digital camera crapped out last week so I don't have any recent pictures of the car. Look under glenfriesen in the photos section, these are the best I have right now, I will post more later.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Well, I've decided to sell the Spyder. Love the car but its time to move on to a new project. I've decided to build a Lotus 7. In order to do that I have to free up some garage space and some money.

Here is a list of what's been done to the car to date:

The engine is an 1835cc engine with dual Weber 40 IDFs, upgraded Empi rocker arm shafts, Darios valve covers vented to an Empi breather box and new Empi hex bar linkage upgraded with the "Bye, bye hex bar blues" mod seen elseware in the forum. Empi 2.5 quart deep sump installed last winter. Header and muffler ceramic coated 2 winters ago.

The car has 4 wheel wide five disk brakes with S.S. braided lines and comes with 5 silver powder coated wheels. 4.5" up front 5.5 in the rear and a 4" spare.

Oil cooler grill, helmut fairing, and brake/signal lights bought from Greg last winter.

I installed a new pedal set ordered from Russ at Fibersteel. Comes with black uprights and silver pedal covers. Also orded from Russ: Cowl mirror, front and rear drum skinz, dash grab handle, leather rear bonnet straps.

I also installed aluminum floor/front bulkhead covers. These run between the frame rails from the front bulkhead to the rear firewall. The rest of the interior is the original red carpet.

Now, I want to be 100% honest with everyone there are a few things that I would do if I was to keep the car. I would install new steering wheel and E-brake cables. I couldn't decide if I wanted to put in a nice repoduction 550 E-brake handle or keep my old one so I never ended up buying new cables. The steering wheel works fine but is not the typical Nardi or Banjo that most people use. As well, when I did the horn button/starter button change over I intended to put on a Banjo wheel but never got around to it and therefore never bothered to hook up the horn. I know stupid to drive a car this small with no horn! The paint on this car is from the original bulid and is starting to show its age. There are the typical spider cracks and rock chips common to all cars this age, but it still looks great and its only when you get really close that you notice.

The car appraised at $27000 CDN when I bought it, before doing all the previously mentioned work. My rough calculations put my total at about $4500 for all the upgrades. The car is located in Lethbridge Alberta, so for all you fellow Canadians looking for car in Canada heres you chance. (I'll sell it to Americans too, don't want to leave anybody out!)
$25000 CDN or best offer.

My digital camera crapped out last week so I don't have any recent pictures of the car. Look under glenfriesen in the photos section, these are the best I have right now, I will post more later.
Good choice about keeping the car, Glen. And, I've seen Goofycat's Suby set-up. It looks terrific and sounds even better.
Check with Larry or someone about if the Suby will fit the Beck. I have no idea ans would wonder if the torsion beam will possibly create a clearance issue.

Welcome back . . . . or welcome for staying . . . . or whatever . . .
Thanks Mark, I am still negotiating with the wife, she wants new furniture I want an engine. If I do go ahead with the conversion the plan is to use all the suby drive train including the transaxle and probably replacing the torsion bar with coil overs. But like I said still working on terms with the wife.
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.