Skip to main content

We're looking into tooling some wheel options. Affordable wheel options that use a 15" hoop with bolt-on face, making them 2 piece wheels.

Going to make them for Wide-5 fitment.

We figured we'd ask the consumers since there is a lack of wheel options out there. Or you're stuck with some cheap Chinese knockoffs.

What offsets would you like to see. Post pictures for other viewers reference if you have pictures of "stance" with desired offset.

Widths, can't get too crazy since most are running 4.5" and 5.5" widths.

What were your favorite factory wheels on a time period correct... post some pictures of some rare wheels, racing wheels, aluminum wheels, etc. We've all seen Coddington's aluminum reproduction wheels, lets see some others that have been done over the years.

Post up if you like the "original" look, or more of the "outlaw" look.

Then conclude a vote on the poll or write in a custom vote.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by Boothy:

A few of the members out here have helped me get the offset and width right for my wide body. I'm close to having the guy in Whittier CA build them for me if I don't stumble on any.

I'm in the 7-8" with roughly equal offset hood -to fill the wheel wells.

Who is your Speedster/Spyder manufactured by, what offset are you needing to tuck your 7-8" wheels in there? What tire size would you be running if you don't mind sharing.

-Daniel

With all the front and rear track variables- short or long swingaxle, irs (stock or narrowed),type 1, 3 drums, 914 or aftermarket discs, and stock or offset front spindles, along with the way the different bodies fit, will there be a custom offset option if what you build for regular production doesn't work? 

Originally Posted by chines1:

The 25mm offset on a 5.5" wheel is necessary for a Beck.

^^^^with short axles, 50mm offset with long axles.

A 16" 904 wheel would also interest me very much. 

16x8 5x130 11mm offset with a 71.5 hub centric

16x9 5x130 15mm offset also 71.5 hub centric

chrome/polished finished, possible a few brushed centers...

As far as your tire sizes, do you find it common for customers to want to find vintage 16" tires? Brushed centers would look great!

Originally Posted by ALB:

With all the front and rear track variables- short or long swingaxle, irs (stock or narrowed),type 1, 3 drums, 914 or aftermarket discs, and stock or offset front spindles, along with the way the different bodies fit, will there be a custom offset option if what you build for regular production doesn't work? 

Definitely, this wouldn't be very hard to offer.

A 195/55-16, with a diameter of 24.4", comes close to the diameter of a 185/65-15 (24.5)", and not far off the diameter of a 155/80-15 (24.8")

There's some nice tires offered in a 195/55-16 size:

toyo Proxes T1R

Potenza RE 760 Sport

Yokohama Advan A048 (which also comes in a 205/55-16 for the rear).

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.