Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

2002 IM Roadster with 22,000 miles.  This car has been garaged all it's life.  It has a 2110 CB Performance motor with Rancho 3:88 Pro-Street transmission. The car is in excellent cosmetic and mechanical condition. $28,000 Give me a call 561 301 7885 with any questions. 

1959 Intermeccanica(Roadster)

Attachments

Images (7)
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Yup - I bought it. Now it's a wait for legal registration. I must say that it's pretty nice to look at! Here's what I've done so far...

1. Took it to Rowland for a full service - Valves, oil, cap & rotor, plugs. It's running pretty good now.

2. Fixed the lights and horn - has to pass CA. B.A.R. soon.

3. Took off the IM emblems and put on the Porsche badges.

4. Detailed it.

Been doing a lot of reading on this site and others. If the State allows me to register the car here then my intensions are to go with a five speed conversion on the Rancho Transmission and have the motor refreshed. If all goes well and I have the $$$ I'll also do the wide 5 conversion from the 4 lug that's currently on it. Should be a pretty solid replica after all that.

Thank you Max H. for all of the good info on IM and your help on the registration side.

Hope to see and meet you all on a run sometime.

Rusty Smith

Last edited by Rusty S
Originally Posted by Scro:

Sounds like this car needed some work.... I almost bought it so  based o,n what you are saying, I Am glad I didn't.... I am sure you got it all squared away, but also I am glad I dodged a bullet Here....  Its a great looking ride.... enjoy !!

FWIW, I don't think changing badges, detailing, and a tune-up means a car "needs work". The car was a screamin' deal as it sat.

I had removed the Porsche script from the rear of the car and put the Intermeccanica script on because I grew weary of the constant references to Intermeccanica owners being Porsche Posers. I gave Russ 2 Porsche scripts to install on the car if he wanted to. The horns weren't working and he knew this when he bought the car. I offered to fix them. Also the fogs were not hooked up to a switch, also known at sale. The car started running rough the day after Russ bought it and I offered to come to his house and fix it, or that Roland would be a good man to see. I was leaving town the next day, but offered to fix rough running issue. Russ took it to Roland and after some diagnostic work found that the ignition module was malfunctioning. Anyone who knows about electronic ignitions will understand that these things go unexpectedly. That was the case here. I had done an oil change and valve adjustment about 1,500 miles before selling the car. I told Russ that he should get the oil changed and valves checked so that he knew where the engine stood on basic service. These are the issues that I know about with this car.

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.