Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

I sold my to a guy who had been watching ebay, and never bothered really looking here? I think it will sell on ebay fairly easily.

I saw on here somewhere some guy that was thinking about buying it, but decided not to because of the engine. I think he was crazy, personally I wish my first car would of had that engine. Reliable, trouble free, inexpensive, and personally I don't feel that much difference when driving the 1776 vs the 2liter?
An interested party contacted me today concerning the transaxle ring and pinion. I had incorrectly listed the ratio as 3:44/1- the correct ratio is 3.88/1. Fourth gear is a standard VW .89- and with the 3.88 r/p, the car runs at 62 mph at 3000 rpm, and 72 at 3500 rpm. This is a very nice, balanced match for the available power. A standard VW transaxle has a 4.12 r/p with the .89 4th, the combination in my car is commonly referred to as a "freeway flier".

I'm sorry of any confusion this might have caused- It was mistake and an oversight on my part.
Stan,
You've done yeoman's duty offering your car to the club first. The sale of a preferred vehicle to a select source hasn't got it done for you!

It is time for eBay. A lot more eyes, buyers with money that have done larger transactions, know they need to pay to transport a vehicle and are ready for the sunshine.

I'd pull the plug on this thread. I would copy a couple of the astute questions and your knowledgeable and patient answers to use in your next ad copy.
Good luck
---------------------------SOLD-----------------------------------

FOR SALE by original owner: 2002 JPS Custom Speedster, 5000 miles, Silver exterior, Black interior & top, custom Glasspar hardtop.

The car is a well optioned 1957/58 Porsche 356 Speedster Replica, constructed from my specifications as a turnkey by JPS Motorsports in 2002. This car took the "Manufacturer's Trophy" at the 2002 Knotts Berry Farm show. All receipts and complete build documentation is available.

The car is licensed and titled in Illinois as a 1958 Porsche, with a valid California title, and expired registration for the 1972 Volkswagen pan. Also included is a certificate of origin from JPS Motorsports for the body, along with an unattached body S/N plate, should you decide to use this number for a title. The hand-laid fiberglass body is finished in two-stage original BASF Glasruit Porsche Polar Silver metallic paint. The bodywork is perfect, and the paint is flawless.

Optional features include:

- Fibersteel Glasspar removable hardtop with polycarbonate hard side-curtains. The hardtop has a full headliner with bows (not stick-on), and is finished in the same silver paint as the body. One of a kind, and absolutely beautiful. A heavy, foam-lined shipping/storage crate for the hardtop is also available with the car if desired. The top alone is worth more than $4000.

- Full stay-fast canvas top, side curtains, boot, and zippered full tonneau cover.

- Short euro bumper-guards. Full, correct OEM Porsche badge package inside and out (including Reutters body badge).

Attachments

Images (1)
  • DSC_0013
Hi Stan, I'm new to this site. It seems like a great community. I'm sorry I missed the opportunity to buy your Speedster. It looked beautiful. I'll be watching the site for the next good car for sale. How often do cars come up for sale on this site? Do they tend to be quality cars because they are advertised here? Would love to get an opinion on these points.
Thanks,
Jim
Jim: There averages about a good car a month that pops up for sale here, sometimes more often. Anyway, you can trace the history of a lot of cars for sale just by reading old posts, etc.

Also, another great tool is that there are people all over mother-earth in this group. So, if a car of interest out-of-state pops up for sale, there are usually willing friends here that are in that part of the country ready to check the car out for you.

Hope that helps a little. Good luck shopping!
Greets,

I'm the new owner of Stan Galat's 356. This is a wedding present for my wife and I. We had been looking for one for over a year and when Stan's car came up, it embraced our hearts and souls bringing back the ambiance that make these cars so special. His attention and love he has put into this car is amazing and we will continue to cherish and appreiciate all his hard work and it will stay in our families for years to come. Thanks again Stan for doing such a wonderful job and looking forward to how new projects pans out I know it will turn out wonderfully. Regards, Diego : )
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.