Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

8FEB3517-338D-4927-92B0-6D9951E85142I'm looking for a good tachometer for my 2003 VS.  Mine quit on me after after a few days when I switched to electronic ignition (I'm running a Magnaspark II from CB Performance).  All the wiring between the ignition and the gauge is working as it should so I'm confident the tach itself is the issue here.

It looks like I have a set of the knock off VDO gauges and I can get the tach rebuilt.  I just can't stand to have that hole in the middle of my dash while I wait for the repairs.

Attached is a photo of my current set up and I'd like to buy a replacement if anyone has a working one for sale.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Gauges
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Another thing to check before pulling the tach:

When I put in my Magnaspark II a few months ago, the tach was wonky at first. It read OK, then the needle would dip way down, then back again.

It turned out that some of the plug wires were fitting loosely on the plugs (and causing misfires). The little clips had to be pinched some, and the rubber sleeves around them trimmed a bit, too (they were keeping the clips from grabbing).

Now, no misfires, no tach problems.

Add Reply

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.