Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

Okay so we're seeing record rain this month I am putting up my VS for sale. I am in the process of purchasing a 1997 C2S that can be enjoyed year round and fit my family needs better. Have a 2 1/2 year old. The car is in flawless condition and is always parked in gargage with car cover.

Here are the specifics on the VS:

Purchased new in July 05 from local dealer who sells turn-key VS.
Black Exterior (flawless condition no chips or scratches), Black interior
1915cc with 2100 miles
Dual carbs
3:88 transmission
Trunk carpetkit
bumper guards with trim
SWF reflectors
Stafast Full Tonneau from Intermeccanica and quarter tonneau. (Chrome Tennax fasteners)
Black top (Chrome Tennax females)
Headlight grills
Speedster seats
Nardi steering wheel
Nipple hub caps with Porsche Crests from NLA Limited (also have baby moon caps)
Rubber door sill from Intermeccanica and Chrome door sill trim from NLA Limited
Silver wiper arms from Intermeccanica
Chrome fire extinguisher from Stoddards
Porsche 356 registry badge
Porsche Club of America badge
Black and grey Coco floor mats
All Porsche body badges installed are from Stoddards and were professionally installed by local dealer.
WA collector car license plate "35657" (would prefer to sell to locally in Washington state.

$22,000. I have receipts totaling $27,000 for the car.

I plan to put the car on consignment next month if not sold as I'll need the garage space. If interested please send me an e-mail. Also the weather in Seattle has been non-stop rain this month so I was not able to take any new pictures. Please refer to the pictures in my registry folder.

If you're interested and want to see more pics, please send me an e-mail and I'll take more pictures of details/areas you're interested in.

Thanks, Derek

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Okay so we're seeing record rain this month I am putting up my VS for sale. I am in the process of purchasing a 1997 C2S that can be enjoyed year round and fit my family needs better. Have a 2 1/2 year old. The car is in flawless condition and is always parked in gargage with car cover.

Here are the specifics on the VS:

Purchased new in July 05 from local dealer who sells turn-key VS.
Black Exterior (flawless condition no chips or scratches), Black interior
1915cc with 2100 miles
Dual carbs
3:88 transmission
Trunk carpetkit
bumper guards with trim
SWF reflectors
Stafast Full Tonneau from Intermeccanica and quarter tonneau. (Chrome Tennax fasteners)
Black top (Chrome Tennax females)
Headlight grills
Speedster seats
Nardi steering wheel
Nipple hub caps with Porsche Crests from NLA Limited (also have baby moon caps)
Rubber door sill from Intermeccanica and Chrome door sill trim from NLA Limited
Silver wiper arms from Intermeccanica
Chrome fire extinguisher from Stoddards
Porsche 356 registry badge
Porsche Club of America badge
Black and grey Coco floor mats
All Porsche body badges installed are from Stoddards and were professionally installed by local dealer.
WA collector car license plate "35657" (would prefer to sell to locally in Washington state.

$22,000. I have receipts totaling $27,000 for the car.

I plan to put the car on consignment next month if not sold as I'll need the garage space. If interested please send me an e-mail. Also the weather in Seattle has been non-stop rain this month so I was not able to take any new pictures. Please refer to the pictures in my registry folder.

If you're interested and want to see more pics, please send me an e-mail and I'll take more pictures of details/areas you're interested in.

Thanks, Derek

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Rear left
Update:

Well, it turns out it is best that I trade it in. I'm getting $22k for the speedster and with the tax credit towards the new car it's even more. Sorry but the speedster is no longer available.

BTW, my broker has found a 1997 C4S (Artic Silver with Blk interior) and under 30k miles.... so I have decided to go with instead of the C2S!!!! Plus I get the turbo wheels/brakes!

I'll have pics soon as soon as I get the car in my garage. Planning for a PPI soon and pending transportation to Seattle (from Texas) I could have the car in a few weeks!

Derek
Thanks Jim. The trade worked out well for both sides. They are a local dealer who resells Vintage speedsters. They go for around $28k locally, which is up about 10% from last year. Seems like resellers are getting more for VS these days. People are realzing how much car you get.

It was a great car and very fun to have for two summers.

PPI on the C4S is tomorrow and hope to get the car within a couple of weeks (I'm being told).

Take care, Derek
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.