Skip to main content

Lane:

It's #3 cylinder.

Chevys had the wonderful "Quadrajet", VW's had #3 cylinder.

'Nuf said....

Alan: I started on my current build in 2009. Then had one surgery after another, delaying me by at least a year and am now desperatly trying to stay well long enough to get this damn thing done and give to Chris for it to be HIS problem.

Sometimes, I think gardening looks pretty good......or at least sitting on the back deck with a Rum Swizzle...........
Yup, sat on the back deck tonight and watched the sunset. Rum swizzles, birds in the marsh, 70 degrees, tee-shirt weather, life is good.

Then we went in to watch the Northern White-Out on the Weather Channel - Ice, snow, wind, drifts, cold and more cold, then more ice and more snow.

Took another sip of the Rum Swizzle...This is the way to experience Winter, right Nolan?
OK, You All,Just how tough is the drive to Carlisle? I'm thinking seriously about doing it. The knee is getting better every day (or maybe just cabin fever).

Driving time may be the big factor based upon how long I can drive without taking a break for knee walk about exercise. This problem exists regardless of how I travel any long distance.
As I suggested, use the SUV to tow it. Meet up with the caravan at some point and then the journey is part of the fun.

Day 1 to Christiansburg, VA is nine hours from Charleston with lots of gas and potty breaks, and a 1 hour lunch stop. Given that you are 4 hours north of me, you should be able to do it in 4 hours or so. If you're in the SUV, you might be able to go non-stop. Day 2 is 5 or 6 hours including lunch as we all do a relatively slow caravan, meeting up with a bunch of folks for lunch in Hagerstown, MD.
Now you all've done it! I'll call to see if i can get a room! I prefer to drive the "new" Merlot! I have an appointment Thursday at the rehab center. This is for evaluation to determine how many days a week to be tortured.

I can throw a pillow or two for leg support due to the leg room in the Becks. The stop and walking routine is required to prevent blood clots. I'll carry lots of mountain water and tea for comfort.
Warning: Possible Thread Drift

OK, so I was intrigued by Lane's admonition that Aaron would be "hard to miss". Well, OK, how about I look in his photos and perhaps I will see why. Well, not really, but some fun stuff in their at any rate, including naked ladies -- Oh my! But no pix of Aaron sad to say, and just a few of his beautiful car. There is one picture especially that I like, titled "Speedster seat" which is the very definition of ergonomic. Great idea. Aaron: did you make that?? Great design, except some features seem a tad too small for me . . . BWAAAAHAAAHAAA
Oh, Ifrinn, take a look at my website www.linneardan.com. That's me in the kilt! Not that ugly one above...just after having Merlot sideswiped by a hit and run on the way to the Fiddlin' Pig!

Oh, I don't know how to drive in the furrin flatlands. Yuins ha' nary turs and twisty pathes? Ask Tom Blankenship about my drivin! Yu'll bring youselfs down in September!

Is Kelly's car fixed to just go in a straight line?
Lane,
Looks like I'll be way ahead of all even if I stop to move the knee. I like to travel early in morning. I'll be in Christenburg before you'll get started %~). It will be about 4 hour + drive for me. On the road by 8:00 and lunch at 1:00 in Virgina. Also, the early departure will allow me stop and work out the leg while visiting the sights.
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.