Skip to main content

It’s almost here!_

Time to mark your calendars for the 5th Annual 2012 Pumpkin Run on Saturday October 13th.
The Pumpkin Run, a one day motoring tour set in the hills and back country roads of South Central PA. Connie and I will furnish a light continental breakfast.
Arrive here at 9:00 to 9:30 AM. We'll head out at 10:00 for a 3 -4 hour run through the back roads and chance to wind it out here and there though the twisties and hills with a few short rest stops along the way. Our destination for food and drink will once again be on the deck at Dilly's in Chambersburg.
With new owners in the area, we'll have additional speedsters on this year's run. Connie and I are looking forward to seeing everyone!

Who's coming ?

Details to follow……………..  Alan & Connie ~

Pumpkinmobile

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Pumpkinmobile
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hey Guys & Gals ...Join us !

So far.... 

4 speedsters

2 MGTD's

1 BMW Z -4

1 Mustang

................and whatever I am driving ~

Alan & Connie, Bruce & Norma, Kelly & Babs,  Dale & Lois, Ed & Karen, Chuck & Maggie, Cory & Jenny & Chuck and perhaps Bill Drayer and Dave Stroud...also with our friends Janice (Z-4) and Susan (Mustang)

Still looking for other, Max, Jim Chichi,  Todd, Alan Hais, Danny P. Joel, Lew .............etc !

Originally Posted by alanmerklin:

It’s almost here!_

Time to mark your calendars for the 5th Annual 2012 Pumpkin Run on Saturday October 13th.
The Pumpkin Run, a one day motoring tour set in the hills and back country roads of South Central PA. Connie and I will furnish a light continental breakfast.
Arrive here at 9:00 to 9:30 AM. We'll head out at 10:00 for a 3 -4 hour run through the back roads and chance to wind it out here and there though the twisties and hills with a few short rest stops along the way. Our destination for food and drink will once again be on the deck at Dilly's in Chambersburg.
With new owners in the area, we'll have additional speedsters on this year's run. Connie and I are looking forward to seeing everyone!

Who's coming ?

Details to follow……………..  Alan & Connie ~

Pumpkinmobile

ALAN HOW CLOSE IS THIS PITTSBURGH AND BUTLER

Update:

5 speedsters

1 coupe

1 Spyder

2 MGTD's

1 BMW Z -4

1 Mustang

...............and whatever I can come up with to drive  ~

Alan & Connie, Bruce & Norma, Kelly & Babs,  Dale & Lois, Ed & Karen, Chuck & Maggie, Cory & Jenny & Chuck, Danny P. Marlies & Brian, Rob & Diane ...also with our friends Janice (Z-4) and Susan (Mustang) and perhaps Bill Drayer and Dave Stroud.

Still looking for others including: Max, Jim Chichi, Todd, Alan Hais, Joel, Lew .............etc.

4157 Wilhelm Drive Chambersburg PA 17202

RT 81 to exit 16 onto Rt 30 West (aka Lincoln Way West) , go 6 miles to pass the ACE Home Center on the right , at the next light make a Left onto Hade Rd, continue 500' and make a left onto Wilhelm Drive, two blocks on the left corner of Milhouse and Wilhelm.   (717) 8 six 0 eight 4 seven 6.

Last edited by Alan Merklin

Thanks Al & Lane.

And it FEELS great to be back on the road.

After the car was no longer held hostage by she who shall not be named, I finally got the new engine built up. She ran for about fifty miles, then died. Turned out to be fuel pump (at least I thought). Replaced that. No improvement. Guess what? The "new" pump, was bad. Pump two went in this week...all better now!

Alan,

Count me in for the Pumpkin Run! The AACA Hershey Antique car show is the same day but since I haven't built any show cars in awhile I'll catch Hershey on Friday and continue on to Chambersburg in time for the Pumpkin Run. My wife Barbara who enjoyed Carlisle may join me.

This afternoon I was at Radical Motorsports in Ramsey nj getting some parts for my 4S Carrera and what comes in the shop but an Outlaw silver 356 Speedster with a turbo motor. The body  and paint were very nice and it had electric windows.The metal filler panels attached to the speedy windshield frame were ingenious. You don't see many speedsters in North Jersey.

Anyhow I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.

Joel - 356 Vintage Tub.

\

Joel, Glad you and Barbara are coming !

Headcount is 26 and 15 vehicles.

7 speedsters

1 coupe

1 Spyder

3 MGTD's

1 BMW Z -4

1 Mustang

...............and whatever I can come up with to drive  ~

Alan & Connie, Bruce & Norma, Kelly & Babs, Dale & Lois, Ed & Karen,

Chuck & Maggie, Cory & Jenny & Chuck, Danny P. Marlies & Brian, Rob & Diane, Todd, Paul, Joel & Barbara ...also with our friends Janice (Z-4) and Susan (Mustang) and perhaps Bill Drayer and Dave Stroud.

Still looking for others including: Max, Jim Chichi, Alan Hais, Lew .............etc.

Last edited by Alan Merklin

Alan and Paul -- Toni and I aren't going to make it after all. She runs the NJ League of Women Voters and this is the mother of all debate seasons and she has a debate on the 13th she has to manage -- the biggest one in the state between Menendez and the other senate contender. It gets taped Saturday and aired Sunday. No, she won't be asking the questions, so there won't be much worth watching. I've got to help with the logistic crap -- up all night Friday baking cookies.

I was hoping hard this wouldn't happen.

My back's killing me too, Mr. Bridges. I think it's this 30-pound gut I got knocked up with when I quit smoking.

Sorry Alan. Sorry Connie. Just have to meet you some other time. Sorry we won't be hanging with the rest of you guys either. I'm gonna hate missing my 847th birthday.

Carl,

I don't think the outlaw speedster  that I saw was an IM. It had a VW pan  and a beam front end. Since it was a true speedster and not a convertible I'd say the windows were retrofitted. There were several modifications to the body. There were some Vintage parts but the door panels looked typical CMC. I have the owners phone # but haven't called him yet.

See you at the Pumpkin Run.

Joel

Joel, to my knowedge neither of the two 'roll up windows' speedster crafters use a pan on their replicas...A retro-fit then is very possible, and if it looks as good as you implied than this guy has accomplished something!! Don't lose this him...Hold onto that phone number!!

The Pumpkin run?... Sorry. I get very antsy when I'm beyond AAA towing distance. As it is I'll probably have to medicate myself to handle Gordon's Cider Run.  

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.