Skip to main content

Carl:  For the right enticement, maybe we could have some "Hard Core" hard cider for you.

THAT will calm your nerves, for sure!!  And it's wicked smooth, too!

That Speedster would have had to have a much different side glass for it to fit a Speedster windshield frame, and the operating mechanism would have to be angled a lot inside of the door necause both the convertible "D" and an IM roadster have a windshield frame that sits farther back and is a much straighter line than on a Speedster.  Not impossible, mind you, but I would love to see it up close and personal, too!

Just two weeks to go...

Headcount is 26 and 14 vehicles.

8 speedsters

1 Spyder

3 MGTD's

1 BMW Z -4

1 Mustang

...............and whatever I can come up with to drive  ~

Alan & Connie, Bruce & Norma, Kelly & Babs, Dale & Lois, Ed & Karen,

Chuck & Maggie, Cory & Jenny & Chuck, Danny P. Marlies & Brian, Rob & Diane, Todd, Paul, Joel & Barbara ...also with our friends Janice (Z-4) and Susan (Mustang) and perhaps Bill Drayer .

Still looking for others: Jim Chichi, Alan Hais, Lew ------ and ?.

Current Headcount is now 28 peeps and 17 vehicles.

8 speedsters

2 Spyders

3 MGTD's

1 BMW Z -4

1 Mustang

1 TransAm

1 Harley Edition F150

Chuck & Maggie, Bill & Joannie, Cory & Jenny & Chuck, Danny P. Lenny, Marlies & Brian, Rob & Diane, Todd, Paul, Joel & Barbara ...also with our friends Janice (Z-4) and Susan (Mustang) .

Still looking for others: Jim Chichi, Alan Hais, Lew ------ and ?.

Last edited by Alan Merklin

Now showing sunny and 63 degrees, still sweatshirt weather but good weather ~

Current Headcount is 29 and 16 vehicles.

8 speedsters

2 Spyders

3 MGTD's

1 Mustang

1 TransAm

1 Harley Edition F150

Chuck & Maggie, Bill & Joannie, Cory & Jenny & Chuck, Danny P. Lenny, Marlies & Brian, Rob & Diane, Todd, Paul, Joel & Barbara ...also with our neighbor Susan& Connie (Mustang) .

Thanks Lew!

Current Headcount is 30 and 17 vehicles.

8 speedsters

2 Spyders

3 MGTD's

1 Mustang

1 TransAm

1 Harley Edition F150

1 Road bike

Chuck & Maggie, Bill & Joannie, Cory & Jenny & Chuck, Danny P. Lenny, Marlies & Brian, Rob & Diane, Todd, Paul, Joel & Barbara, Lew ...also with our neighbor Susan & Connie .

Alan,

Barbara and I will attend the pumpkin run next Saturday but we are changing our plans for Friday.Instead of Hershey we will drive to Gettysburg on Thursday afternoon and tour the Battlefield  on Friday. Anyone-Whats the best way to do the tour-private car (speedster) or tour bus? Alan, how much time should I allow to get to your home on Saturday morning from Gettysburg-it looks like route 30 west is the most direct.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Joel

Joel, I'd suggest the tour with bus driver/guide. They can point out subtle things that even Civil War buffs would miss.

I've seen snippits of film footage from the 75th veteran reunion at Gettysburg...of a few stooped ancient Confederates reinacting the the last few yards to the stone wall where a few stooped ancient Fererals were awaiting them with open arms...It was tear jerking.

10/8 Update

Headcount is 32 and 18 vehicles !

9 speedsters

2 Spyders

3 MGTD's

1 Mustang

1 TransAm

1 Harley Edition F-150

1 Ducati

Chuck & Maggie, Bill & Joannie, Cory & Jenny & Chuck, Danny P. Lenny, Marlies & Brian, Rob & Diane, Todd, Paul, Joel & Barbara, Lew, Chung and right seater ...also with our neighbor Susan & Connie .

The Pumpkin Run, a motoring tour set in the hills and back country roads of South Central PA.

Arrive here at 9:00 to 9:30 AM.

Connie and I will furnish a light continental breakfast. 

We'll head out a little after 10:00AM for a 3 - 4 hour run through country back roads, twisties and hills, with a few short rest stops along the way.

Our destination..... arriving at 2:30PM at Dilly's in Chambersburg, PA for food and drink on the deck.

Alan Merklin

4157 Wilhelm Drive

Chambersburg PA 17202

RT 81 to exit 16 onto Rt 30 West (aka Lincoln Way West) ,continue 6 miles to pass the ACE Home Center on the right , at the next light, make a Left onto Hade Rd, continue 500' and make a left onto Wilhelm Drive, two blocks on the left corner of Milhouse and Wilhelm.  (717) 8 six 0 - eight 4 seven 6.

*****  Be sure to gas up in Chambersburg  and before arriving here.  *****

Hey Alan,

The Pumpkin Run is gathering momentum and coming together nicely...so much so that I'm going to try to make Wilhelm Drive a coffee pit stop on my trip to N.Carolina on Saturday morning!! I have no clear idea what time I'll have to roll out of Connecticut to be there by 9am...but it's got to be some ungodly hour...We'll see.  

If so, I'll do some pictures, some handshakes, and some drooling over Maggie Martin's coupe...and then wave you people off on your memorable autumn cruise.

...Cheers, Carl   

Dave, you and Carol are on the reservation list!

Carl, Hartford (for reference) is only 6 hours from here...come on down!

Headcount is 34 and 20 vehicles !

11 speedsters

2 Spyders

3 MGTD's

1 Mustang

1 TransAm

1 Harley Edition F-150

1 Ducati

Alan & Connie, Bruce & Norma, Kelly, Dale & Lois, Ed & Karen,

Chuck & Maggie, Bill & Joannie, Cory & Jenny & Chuck, Danny P. Lenny, Marlies & Brian, Rob & Diane, Todd, Paul, Joel & Barbara, Lew, Dave & Carol, Chung and right seater, our neighbors Susan & Connie .....also Carl may stop for some java on the way from Ct. to N. Carolina

Go early and stay in Gettysburg!

3 years ago we stayed at the Brick House Inn (I think) in Gettysburg. Walking distance to the battlefield and almost everything else.  Reasonable and very nice.  Mini ball holes in all the surrounding buildings which really makes it real. Snipers set up on all the porches and fired away at each other. (then,not now) Very moving area to stay.  If you get to the center where the rotary is,( and where Lincoln stayed) there is a great pub that features chocolate on just about everything. Heidi really liked the chocolate thing. We will see you there next year. Have a great time!

Sea you there next year. Enjoy!

The Hoopty will be in company with Kelly Frazer's Red Baron in Highland, MD, Saturday morning. We're bunking in with Kelly Friday night, and Chuck will likely meet us in Highland before we head north.

In past years, we've been met at the Howard County firehouse to the right, off of the right-hand exit to 108 (Highland's exit on MD 32, north of Columbia) by the Virginians and other Maryland drivers to the south of that juncture.

I see Rob is coming. Rob, you're cordially invited to join the caravan. If you still have my number, by all means call me to arrange that. We're also going to meet Todd el-Taher in Gettysburg for coffee and pick him up for the remainder of the drive. It'd be great if we all coordinated before Saturday morning.

For those not on facepage, here's the current happenings with the Sloppy Jalopy:

hoopty windshield

Attachments

Images (1)
  • hoopty windshield
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.