Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

Not mine. Not many in my neck of the woods so I up went to drive it but was told they don't allow test drives. Too bad. Was hoping  to see how that engine performed. I guess people buy cars just on the way they look and the promise that they are great to drive. Not this guy...

Didn't like the colors in the pictures but looked great in person.

http://www.rkmotorscharlotte.c...ter%20Replica/135681

Attachments

Images (5)
  • IMG_3543
  • IMG_3544
  • IMG_3545
  • IMG_3546
  • IMG_3548
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You must have showed up looking scruffy? Pay $44k and you get a basic safety check - you have to pay $45.9k to get a comprehensive multipoint inspection. Guess they like looking at their cars for some time! They must think they are in Beverly Hills.

I like they body matching beading on seats - the under dash AC not so much.  IM does a great job integrating AC to the dash - looks very factory vs add on.

In 1976 went with a freind to buy a Porsche at a dealer in the SF bay area.  sales man declined to unlock a 911 he was looking at, so we could sit in it

.  Went to another dealer and he bought one ,wrote a check for the full amount. Don't know if it was my ratty bug conv we were driving, the shoulder length hair, or t-shirts and blue jeans that were the problem at the first place.

Last edited by Bob Hampton

My brother was friends with Bobby Hatfield of the Righteous Brothers. Bobby liked to work on cars and had a Corvette that was driving him nuts. My brother drove him to the Jaguar dealer in Anaheim, both of them dirty and greasy.

Nobody wanted to help them until Bobby displayed a manila envelope filled with Franklins. Suddenly they were everybody's best friend.

Bobby drove out in a new XKE, my brother trying to keep up. 

He still had most of the Franklins in the envelope.

When I was a kid I made a remark about the way someone was dressed in front of my father. He told me about a salesman he had that made the same kind of remark when a man came to the dealership and was looking over the new Volkswagens. My dad told the sales guy to have a seat that he'd take this customer. It turned out to be a local farmer who bought several Volkswagen pickups from my dad. Lesson learned.

edsnova posted:

I have never bought a vehicle from a dealer and, at this late date in my life, don't expect I ever will. I do buy parts from them though, sometimes.

What an interesting statement, Ed. Believe me, you aren't missing anything.

FWIW, the internet has changed everything. In 2014/2015, I bought a total of 5 work trucks, all new. Two were from a local dealer, three were out-of-state purchases, two were sight-unseen. I didn't pay more than invoice for any of them. The dealerships made a couple hundred bucks (kick-backs from the mfg.), I saved myself the hassle, and we all moved on with our lives. 

My father had a used car lot for 25 years.  He is now in his 80's and lives in Florida, (which I believe is the law), and goes to all the auto dealers in the area and tortures the salesmen.  They offer $25 if you take a test drive.  It's come to a point where he just drives into the dealership and they give him $25 to leave.  No test drive...just money to go away.  I've seen him in action and it's a bargain at twice the price.

Al Gallo posted:

My father had a used car lot for 25 years.  He is now in his 80's and lives in Florida, (which I believe is the law), and goes to all the auto dealers in the area and tortures the salesmen.  They offer $25 if you take a test drive.  It's come to a point where he just drives into the dealership and they give him $25 to leave.  No test drive...just money to go away.  I've seen him in action and it's a bargain at twice the price.

What an excellent story. 

Add Reply

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.