Skip to main content

The "2017 Speedsters Meet Spyders in Carlisle, PA" weekend will be held May 18-21.

Contracts for the host hotel and Saturday evening awards dinner have been signed.

Watch the "Events" section on this forum for details later this year. 

Don't miss out...plan to come out and join us!!!

Attachments

Images (6)
  • _DSC5209
  • The tent with banners
  • Participants with cars on the showfiled
  • Lining them up
  • Hines display
  • Intermeccanica display
Last edited by East Coast Bruce
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

This will be Alice's and my 10th Carlisle in a row---wouldn't miss it for anything--it's a highlight of our year.  Great friends and great times.  Missing Carlisle  is missing half the pleasure of Speedster ownership.   The big caravan getting there is a large part of the experience too!

This is always  well-organized event by Bruce, Norma, Alan, the Dude and  so many others who contribute to it.

Lane Anderson posted:

And Wild Bill!  Don't forget "The Dude". 

And Lane, don't forget the obnoxious radio announcer person.  I'm sorry to report that again, for the third year in a row, I will not be in attendance.  First of all, I don't own the "Red Man" anymore and secondly, Sarah and I are expecting our first grandchild in May.  Geraldine told me "YOU BETTER STAY NEAR NASHVILLE AND LOOK OUT FOR THAT BABY, OLD TIMER!"  Going forward, who the heck wants to see me now that I'm no longer part of the collective.  Is resistance still futile?  

Carlisle is currently running a 20% off sale on weekend registrations.  The offer is good until the end of 2016. If you plan on attending this year, here's your chance to save some $$$.  Here's what you need to do:

Register for the 2016 Carlisle Import & Performance Nationals NON-JUDGED or JUDGED showfield before the end of this year:

http://store.carlisleevents.co...chResults.asp?Cat=23

Add this registration to your cart and check out. The 20% discount will be applied at checkout.

Registration includes weekend admission for two people:

IMPORTANT!  When registering, please specify your club as “SPEEDSTER OWNERS”, this helps us get our own tent for the weekend and the more registrations, the bigger the tent!.

After registering, your entry window sticker will be mailed to you.

All Carlisle Import/Replica event-related info - INCLUDING REGISTRATION INFO - can be found on that site.

If you miss this 20% discount, you will still be able to pickup a 10% Gate-N-Go pre-registration discount if you pre-register prior to mid-April. Just follow the same steps outlined above.

Plans for the weekend are being completed and we hope to have them posted on this site before the end of the year. Stay tuned!

ECB

Last edited by East Coast Bruce

Ray:  It's quite a detour for me to go through Ottawa to get to Carlisle, but I'm glad to do to it drag your butt down there....I still regret having had to miss last year.

Seriously, Carlisle is the highlight of most of these sadsacks year.  Without it, many of them would just shrivel up, typing on their computer, or sitting in their garage, staring at their car, year after year.

You need to think of Carlisle as a super dose of Vitamin B12.  Take one shot, and it keeps you going for an entire year.  Besides, it's great to be able to picture the faces behind the posts (well, most of them, that is - some faces you might want to forget). 

You will have a good, memorable time.

I wanted to go as well but I was in Florida and then I shattered my elbow roller skating something I used to do a lot when I was young and it happened just the week before Carlisle ... been healing up ever since.  

I guess if we go Henry might show up with two of his cars there.  

I you suggesting that you would come to Ottawa to pick the other members of the convoy?  That's nice of you.   

If I get there it might save me from this....iur-2

Attachments

Images (1)
  • iur-2

Add Reply

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.