Skip to main content

Phil IM356D posted:

Are we doing shirts this year?  I know this sounds kind of bourgeoisie but is there any way we could do a small logo like this one on a polo shirt.  I know this sounds dumb but my wife gets bent out of shape if I wear tee shirts with logos.  Boos and hisses expected.187f83fbcc7913bea3adca173f8e7f3f.image.600x480

This kind've cracked me up, Phil.

I love cheap white T-shirts with cool looking logos on them, but I look pretty stupid in them anymore. In my mind, I see myself as that 180 lb beefy kid with 3 pairs of 505s, 10 T-shirts, and a pair of red Chuck Taylors, ready to rock the world.

In reality, I look like an old man who can't see his belt, and the white-T looks kind've silly with my tattered cargo shorts. It's a look my wife is not fond of, but tolerates to keep me from wearing Wrangler "hero" jeans and a Red-Kap workshirt 24/7/365.

A polo would be cool, but it would need to be embroidered and that would cost about $50/shirt.

Perhaps a short-sleeved Red-Kap work-shirt with a giant logo on the back would be cool. It would be cool to me...

Phil IM356D posted:

Are we doing shirts this year?  I know this sounds kind of bourgeoisie but is there any way we could do a small logo like this one on a polo shirt.  I know this sounds dumb but my wife gets bent out of shape if I wear tee shirts with logos.  Boos and hisses expected.187f83fbcc7913bea3adca173f8e7f3f.image.600x480

Phil, if your wife said less is more, she is lying to you.

Michael McKelvey posted:

Long sleeve option on the shirts is nice for the skin cancer crowd.

A washed look chambres (denim look) long sleeve with embroidery (front and back) would be nice.  Some designs though don't work with embroidery.  

About $16 donor shirt w/free shipping and 10% or so discount -

http://www.jiffyshirts.com/har...tml?ac=Light%20Denim

HA - Order an available 6XL for an instant car cover

I may be able to get you wholesale cost on blank apparel  Whoever wants to coordinate, we may be able to drop ship directly to a decorator for embroidery.  Although, decorators usually make a little bit on the garment along with the upcharge to decorate.

Anyway, let me know what type of shirt you decide to go with, and I'll let you know what brands and styles we carry.

I did the West Coast adventure one year a while back, and it was very very nice.  Plenty of right seat opportunities, and even Will P just loaned me his car to drive (Deb will not go long distance in the Speedster, so they took the -- hmm, what was that, a 911?? -- ).  wrt avatars and perceived vs real personalities, turns out, both Vince and GERD are really nice guys.  Who knew??

And yes we are a bunch of middle (or past that) age old farts, but so what?  All that melts away when tooling around in the Speedster, as you all know quite well.  And besides, all the girls look good through the bottom of a glass, and there is plenty of opportunity for that in the party room.

Stan: no excuses, just get your ass there, the company will not explode if you're not there for a couple of days.  really.

Yeah.....I remember doing Carlisle tee-shirts one year (can't remember which year, now) and used the size algorithm I used when still working for my Briefing Centers.  Ended up having a whole box of S's, M's and L's left over.  Seems like most of us back then were as Stan originally described us - XL's - XXL's.

At least they became decent shop rags (at $9 bucks each)

And as for "First Lady for Life", Mrs. Galat>  "My wife has long suspected this, only replace "small bunch of millennials" with "one 13-year-old boy".

billthecat01

She is welcome to choose which one among us is which:

Good night, and Namaste!

Attachments

Images (1)
  • billthecat01

Add Reply

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.