Skip to main content

IndianBob posted:
Gordon Nichols posted:

Yeah, I think we all get that a lot.  I'll stick with "Reproduction".  Why burst their bubble?

I’m curious, what do people that drive reproduction Ford Cobras say when they’re asked if it’s a real Cobra? 

I find it interesting that Cobra reproductions are so accepted while our Speedsters get a 'rougher' reception.

IndianBob posted:
Gordon Nichols posted:

Yeah, I think we all get that a lot.  I'll stick with "Reproduction".  Why burst their bubble?

I’m curious, what do people that drive reproduction Ford Cobras say when they’re asked if it’s a real Cobra? 

I once saw a Shelby Daytona in a gas station and I asked the driver if it was a real Daytona.  He said no, and I responded that his car was beautiful.

If I owned one of the original Daytonas, I would also have a replica that I could drive every day.  It is easy to say, "If I had one, I would drive it.  Cars are meant to drive", but if I had worked hard enough to earn the money to buy a real Daytona, I would probably be darned careful with that asset.

jncspyder posted:

steve mc queens original speepster in peterson museum ....5 million dollars!!....who would drive that on the street??!!...i rest my case

So, for 1/100th of the price of Steve McQueen's Speedster, you could have a replica which looks just like the original, corners better, accelerates faster, is more comfortable, and that you can drive and park without concern.

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.