Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

I've just about got all of the bits and pieces in line for my SC Coupe project, lots of custom, one-off, fabricated and adapted pieces. The rest new/reconditioned VW parts in the replica tradition.

I'm left with a lot of 356 extras, MOST of the stuff below came from the SC and will fit an SC. Of course, 356 parts can be adapted to work on replicas, but . . .

SOME of it, like the front disc brakes (link/king pin beam) will bolt right onto a VW or VW based replica.

I don't know what it's worth, I thought that I'd just put
them on Ebay and let the prices decide themselves, but thought that I ought to offer it up here first, just in case. If you need anything and wanna make an offer/talk price, that would be cool.

Most of these came off of my 1964SC:

Radio mount bracket
Steering wheel
Horn button base
Horn button crest/emblem
Steering head/directional housing
Direction switch assembly
Steering column
Steering shaft
Shifter, base, and knob
Shift rod
Umbrella e-brake handle and assembly
Clock
Pre-A dash board
Other gauges (have to check and see if they work)
Sun visors, clips and pivots
Glove box door
Glove box
Glove box strap
Glove box inner door liner
Headlamp switch
Heater/vent controls, slide, dash face plate, cables
Front seats
Front seat tracks
Trans mounts and covers
Engine mounts
Engine mount cover plates
Rear axle snubs
Heat exchangers
Heat boxes
Rear bumper
Front bumper
Front bumper brackets
Front horn grills
Tail light lenses and trim
Number plate light (for 356A, a little abused))
Number plate bracket
Complete front disc brake assemblies from the spindle carriers out
Four date coded wheels
Front stock plastic gas tank/trunk liner
Wiper motor
Door panels
Rear side "panels"
Back panel (some damage)
Luggage hook brackets
Window winder assemblies
Door window glass
Vent windows

Some of these pieces are still on the shell but can be easily pulled with enough advance notice. I have the four bumper upright thingies and under door trim and two extra doors and other stuff. The car (less engine and trans) had almost everything on it when I got it.

Thanks!

TC
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I've just about got all of the bits and pieces in line for my SC Coupe project, lots of custom, one-off, fabricated and adapted pieces. The rest new/reconditioned VW parts in the replica tradition.

I'm left with a lot of 356 extras, MOST of the stuff below came from the SC and will fit an SC. Of course, 356 parts can be adapted to work on replicas, but . . .

SOME of it, like the front disc brakes (link/king pin beam) will bolt right onto a VW or VW based replica.

I don't know what it's worth, I thought that I'd just put
them on Ebay and let the prices decide themselves, but thought that I ought to offer it up here first, just in case. If you need anything and wanna make an offer/talk price, that would be cool.

Most of these came off of my 1964SC:

Radio mount bracket
Steering wheel
Horn button base
Horn button crest/emblem
Steering head/directional housing
Direction switch assembly
Steering column
Steering shaft
Shifter, base, and knob
Shift rod
Umbrella e-brake handle and assembly
Clock
Pre-A dash board
Other gauges (have to check and see if they work)
Sun visors, clips and pivots
Glove box door
Glove box
Glove box strap
Glove box inner door liner
Headlamp switch
Heater/vent controls, slide, dash face plate, cables
Front seats
Front seat tracks
Trans mounts and covers
Engine mounts
Engine mount cover plates
Rear axle snubs
Heat exchangers
Heat boxes
Rear bumper
Front bumper
Front bumper brackets
Front horn grills
Tail light lenses and trim
Number plate light (for 356A, a little abused))
Number plate bracket
Complete front disc brake assemblies from the spindle carriers out
Four date coded wheels
Front stock plastic gas tank/trunk liner
Wiper motor
Door panels
Rear side "panels"
Back panel (some damage)
Luggage hook brackets
Window winder assemblies
Door window glass
Vent windows

Some of these pieces are still on the shell but can be easily pulled with enough advance notice. I have the four bumper upright thingies and under door trim and two extra doors and other stuff. The car (less engine and trans) had almost everything on it when I got it.

Thanks!

TC
Sure, lemme look for them! I know where the clock is, and I have my restored set for the Pre-A, but I need to scoot around a bit to find the spares. I'll snap picks for you as soon as I unearth 'em.

Might not be a full set though. These are all the extra parts . . .

Oh, remember that they're the wrong size for a replica. If it's a new build/re-build with a blank dash, then OK. If you're swapping out the repro gauges for genuine 356, the holes in the dash are too big.

Later,

TC
The seats are stock 1965 356SC seats. They need to be recovered for anything other than a daily driver. They have the accessory headrests and all the mounting hardware for them. There's a very small amount of surface rust on the outer chromes covers of the recliner machanisms, I'll put them on the wheel and remove it. The head rest bolsters are in perfect condition, they supports and brackets will need re-chroming or Hammertone silver paint to be considered for show.

Although they do need recovering, the condition of the adjuster covers AND especially the accessory headrests make them kind of expensive. More than I'd ever pay for used seats.

Still interested? Lemme know and I'll figure a real-world (not Ebay) price and then cut it down to the Forum Discount for you.

(Oh, remember that these are for a real 356, they mount to the outer floor edges and sides of the tunnel, they'll fit a Ghia VERY nicely, but never squeeze into a Speedster Replica.)

Thanks !

TC
All of the steering related pieces are in pretty neat condition, I'll shoot some pics this week. Remember though, these came from an SC, NOT an A. They're from a later car and would make a later car look good inside, but they wouldn't be "year correct" for a Speedster replica.

If you really want to throw somebody, they would look terrific in a Speedster replica, very elegant really, and certainly confuse the Porsche Boys, but it's a very different look from the two spoke VDM wheel that came in the Speedsters originally.

They're gonna need some sand blasting and all, but let me go over and double check the wheels for you. I know that they're the tight five lug but I never counted the number of holes. They certainly seem like they're original to the car, and I have all of the previous paper work from day one.

Can you count the little holes/slots in this pic?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/TeamEvil/IMG_1564.jpg

I'll double check all of the dates and you can see if they'll coincide with your build date, OK?

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.