Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Just to clear up some possible confusion.  Vintage Motorcars Inc. (us) made the molds off of an original Pre A coupe.  We lay up and make the bodies, hang the doors, hood, and deck lid.  We sell them in various stages of kits all the way to full turn keys.   If a company wants to buy one of our coupes and do a build on it with there flair and specifications there is noting wrong with that and us promoting our product is in no way disparaging someone else's work or finished product. 

Pretty sure Ruff does not slam Porsche for promoting or selling a 911.  Ruff made the car, but Porsche made the body and platform.  What's the big deal?  I don't see it.

The statement of "our client", is just that, "our client".  We are not claiming a FINAL client away from one of our clients. 

With that being said.  The coupe is an amazing product that we are proud to have brought forth.  We will be driving out to Cars and Coffee with our Slate Grey Coupe for a little show off and tell. 

TECHNICALLY in this situation Seduction is a client of Vintage and in Alex's original post he just said the car was painted for a client of theirs without identifying the client.

Daniel (Seduction) stated before he doesn't build the shell. He sources the shell and builds the car, quite beautifully I should say based on the photos. Much like a painter sources the canvas then puts a masterpiece on top of it.

Last edited by Robert M
Lane Anderson posted:

Howzabout driving out to Cars and Coffee on the east coast (Charleston, SC) as sort of a shake down trip?  I know we would all love to see it and provide valuable commentary after all of the test drives that I know you'd let us have.

I think that's an excellent idea.  And, I would want to drive it cross country instead of towing or shipping it out.  Lord knows I can use a paid vacation.  Plus, can't leave the car in just any old place, so nice hotels are a must.

Vintage Motorcars - Alex posted:

Just to clear up some possible confusion.  Vintage Motorcars Inc. (us) made the molds off of an original Pre A coupe.  We lay up and make the bodies, hang the doors, hood, and deck lid.  We sell them in various stages of kits all the way to full turn keys.   If a company wants to buy one of our coupes and do a build on it with there flair and specifications there is noting wrong with that and us promoting our product is in no way disparaging someone else's work or finished product. 

Pretty sure Ruff does not slam Porsche for promoting or selling a 911.  Ruff made the car, but Porsche made the body and platform.  What's the big deal?  I don't see it.

The statement of "our client", is just that, "our client".  We are not claiming a FINAL client away from one of our clients. 

With that being said.  The coupe is an amazing product that we are proud to have brought forth.  We will be driving out to Cars and Coffee with our Slate Grey Coupe for a little show off and tell. 

So why not post pictures of the car (Slate Grey) you're building?

Who's paint booth is the white one coming out of?

crhemi (Bill) posted:

So why not post pictures of the car (Slate Grey) you're building?

Who's paint booth is the white one coming out of?

We contract a spray booth with our painter. It's next to impossible to have an onsite spray booth in CA for us and moving out of state is not really an option. 

Pics of the Slate Grey Coupe.  I've posted pics before on several threads. 

You can check them out on our website ( http://vintagespyders.com/356-pre-a-coupe/ ).  We are waiting to show the driving car with some parts we are rolling out as well (wheels) for a grand unveiling.  It's our shop car and we use it to R&D and promotions.  That is the one I hope to drive to Carlisle in May. 

We put a motor in it and then decided to go bigger, then we tossed the idea of gear changes, wheel changes, sticker changes, and the biggest argument always seems to be Driver Changes. Me first......

crhemi (Bill) posted:

So the white one is sprayed by your painter?

Yes. We have a real quality booth that we pay per car for use and our painter sprays the cars in that booth.  We do all the prep work, masking, and paint them, etc.  We just don't have an onsite spray booth.  California rules for spray booths makes it next to impossible or cost effective.  California even tells us how many spray cans we can have onsite at any one time.  It's really tough.

Pics of the Slate Grey Coupe.  I've posted pics before on several threads. 

You can check them out on our website ( http://vintagespyders.com/356-pre-a-coupe/ ).  We are waiting to show the driving car with some parts we are rolling out as well (wheels) for a grand unveiling.  It's our shop car and we use it to R&D and promotions.  That is the one I hope to drive to Carlisle in May. 

We put a motor in it and then decided to go bigger, then we tossed the idea of gear changes, wheel changes, sticker changes, and the biggest argument always seems to be Driver Changes. Me first......

Link is missing some pics.

The main Client is Brian Krzanich.......... CEO /  Intel    I've sent him an email asking a few questions ..

As far as the Clients A, B, & C .......... Well I think its the Client of the first party of the second party who's actually the Client.   Because If Client B, whom we all presume is Client C, actually Turned out to be Client B.  Then Client C is actually Client B disguised as Client C selling to Client A (Brian Krzanich)

DAMN and I never thought all those law classes would amount to anything!!

easy peasy my little minions!!

Tebs

Last edited by Teby S
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.