Skip to main content

I just purchased a 356 project out of Florida.  Upon further inspection I realized it did not have the internal subframe attached.  At this point I either need to sell it and walk away, build a subframe, or find a subframe for sale.  I was told it is an early intermeccanica kit.  It was listed as a 1956 356.  I have called intermeccanica, beck, and vintage speedster.  intermeccanica and beck said they don't have subframes at all.  And vintage told me to sell it and buy one of their kits.  So, if anyone can help that would be great.  I either need plans on a subframe, or if someone might have one for sale.  Thanks!!

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

RustyTubs in Georgia has them - not cheap plus shipping would be costly. There have been a few from burned cars on ebay too (one in CA went for $400).  Find a welder friend and make a custom one.

Speedster Chassis

Speedster Chassis
<form action="https://order.store.yahoo.net/yhst-63230418117019/cgi-bin/wg-order?yhst-63230418117019+speedster-chassis" method="post">
Item# speedster-chassis
$1,995.00
Availability: Usually ships the same business day
<input class="ys_primary" title="Add to cart" type="submit" value="Add to cart" /></form>

Product Description

CAD designed speedster frame based to fit under a fiberglass or steel shell.

Here's photo of CMC one (with optional roll bar attached) - not a whole lot to it.

CMC chassis 3

speedster chassis 3

Attachments

Images (3)
  • CMC chassis 3
  • speedster chassis 3
  • CMC chassis 2
Last edited by WOLFGANG
Originally Posted by edsnova - Baltimore - BCW 52 MG TD:

Oh, come on! Someone has the needed dimensions and angles. Get them, get this,  cut and weld.

West Coast,
Don't listen to Ed. He built his car and it wound up looking like an MG, powered by a Subaru motor. 

(Kidding)  He's a good egg.  I hope we can locate what you need. I'm just dying to see your project.

Ted

West Coast.

It looks like you are in Clovis and there are a few of us here that you may not be aware of.

Anand who has the nicest Beck Spyder ever built, Teby with a beautiful Vintage regular body Speedster, Bob with a stunning JPS, Dave in Dinuba with an older IM, a few others who are also in the area and myself with a Vintage Super Widebody.  Sorry you didn't find us before you purchased and I don't think any of us can help you out with a subframe, but we certainly can help with lots of other details.

Next weekend is our yearly gathering in San Luis Obispo and you should try to make it.

Stay in touch and Welcome to the Madness.

Last edited by Troy Sloan

I bought some tail lights from a former (?) SOCer at recent Carlisle by name of Alan.  He showed me pictures on his phone of his Speedster that had burned.  The parts he sold were spares.  I don't remember his last name - but he might know where what was left of his car got too.  The front appeared to still be intact but back 2/3 were crispy. Maybe someone has contact info for him?

I did get email from Alan on his burn Speedster.  It went to IAA for auction (301 372 8876) stock number 12998316 and was apparently sold 4 weeks ago.  So that is probably dead end there for a subframe.  The one in TX seems to have a lot of parts that could be parted out to recoup purchase expense.  Suspect burned area with das is not a frequent crash part but 3' of tail and nose would be - or they could make great wall art.

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.