Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

359 speedster...its been a test of my resilence..but I am thinking of selling it.

Anybody interested in a 359 with a brand new trans set up for a type 4 with beef a diff, refurbed CV's boots, axles, etc, torque bar, rims, fiberglass tonneau, etc? It has new gauges, shifter... I have put over 8 grand in this car ( I know...a fool and his money..)

I just never seem to have time to finish it. Its without an engine as I have too much in the engine to sell..besides I need a core to send to Jake.

Some one make me an offer?

Michael
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

359 speedster...its been a test of my resilence..but I am thinking of selling it.

Anybody interested in a 359 with a brand new trans set up for a type 4 with beef a diff, refurbed CV's boots, axles, etc, torque bar, rims, fiberglass tonneau, etc? It has new gauges, shifter... I have put over 8 grand in this car ( I know...a fool and his money..)

I just never seem to have time to finish it. Its without an engine as I have too much in the engine to sell..besides I need a core to send to Jake.

Some one make me an offer?

Michael

Attachments

Images (3)
  • 359speedster
  • 359speedster1
  • porsche2005roadworthy3
Nope. I ate the pie. You eat the badge. Fair is fair.
Hey, I e-mailed your info to a guy in Kansas. He's always liked the Speedsters, I got my first 928 from him and he's been threatening to build a kit for a long time now.
PM with the car's details, and we may be able to help you pass it on.
But you'll be keeping the brass thingie.
actually it doesn't..people go here looking and then quote the price that I would give SOF members I know. Thats why I ask people to email me for info. I would quote Cory, Angela , Joe, Vince etc...a lower price than I would someone off the street. Not because its buyer beware but I know these guys live & breathe speedsters and I respect them.

I attempted to sell this car before and someone attempted to lowball due to the price I quoted here...I will keep it before I give it away.

Michael
pretty close Jim...

its like;;
BODY
-Rayco FRP front fenders
-Mitcom 916 rear quarter panels
-P.B. Tweeks FRP flared rocker panels

ENGINE/DRIVETRAIN
-1970 Rover/Buick all aluminum 215-V8
-STD bore, 10.5-1 (stock) comp ratio
-Cyl heads-ported exaust ports, 3 angle valve grind with hi-retainers-shaft rocker stahnds shortened .060"-pushrods shortened .125" for geometry correction.
-Camshaft-M-488 custom ground by Shadblot engineering(Vancouver B.C.) C/W hydraulic lifters
-Spheroidal graphite iron crankshaft, 5 main journal center, thrust mains, .010" under - rods ground .001"
-Hi volume oil pump, Buick v8 filter housing
-Facet electric fuel pump-GM canister filter
-Offenhauser alum intake
-500cfm Carter carb C/W electric choke
-Buick distributer with Unilit conversion
-Kennedy engineered produsct #1000 Rover to Porsche adapter
-KEP 2400# max pressure plate
-KEP throwout bearing
-V.W. 200mm clutch disc
-Custon h.d. radiator w/ twin Spals
-Toyota Corolla heater

ELECTRICAL
-Hella H-4 Q.I. headlites
-Eurolens rear tail lites
-Tach converted to 8cyl
-Mechanical oil pressure and water temp
-Electrical oil temp and cyl head temp
-Alpine CD with J.L audio speakers
-Electric windows
-Keylees entry

SUSPENSION
-H@H Carrera 19mm adj front sway bar
-Addco 16mm rear sway bar
-140# rear springs (100 stock)
-Stock front torsion bar
-Koni adj front and Koni H.D. rear shock absorbers
-BMW 320i front brake conversion
-Stock Porsche rear calipers
-All four calipers have stainless steel liners and completly rebuilt.
-Adj proporsioning valve
-19mm 911 master cylinder
-All rotor have been crossdrilled
-All flex lines are braided stainless steel
-Pagio performance brake pads, all four wheels
-Carrol Shelby Mini-Europa wheels 7/15 front 8.5/15 rear
-Custom roll bar with rear chassis supports

very light and well put together

Michael
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.