Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Barry-

For your gear ratio questions-- get a catalog from Rancho (they've got all the available ratios), and plug the numbers in a gear ratio calculator (do a Google search-- they are all over).

I was really unhappy with my "freeway flier" transaxle (.89 fourth, 3.88 R/P) in the JPS-- first was way too tall, and he gap between third and fourth too small. I did my own gearing, and had Rancho build the box. I nailed the ratios-- with the exception of fourth, which I hope to rectify. Good luck.
Hopefuly Barry gets my Email attachments this time. They are a bunch of Excel spreadsheets, filled with formulas for gear ratios, tire sizes and MPH at given RPM. By including tire size in an "overall gearing" calculation, you can instantly compare proposed changes in tires, gears or rear axle to what you currently have - in any gear. They give the same results as most websites, just set up to my liking. Math is fun - knowledge is cheap.
I got it. Thank you Dave I still can't find any links to ERCO.

Ive sent out dozons of emails to diffrent tranny builders in the US and even London.

Thanks Stan. I will send Rancho a email What gears did you use in your 4 speed and from which model trannys did you rob them? I want to redo my dune buggy someday. I also have CB P s Auto math book. But i like the easy way also.
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.