Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Dusty Johnson once recommended that I use Leather Therapy on the saddle leather seats in my truck, and I use it on all sorts of leather things, like my Bomber jacket and leather boots.

I buy it at a local tack shop where the staff there highly recommend it.  I put on a heavier coat with a sponge, then let it sit over night and wipe off the excess the next day.  The stuff is great.

https://amzn.to/3TEUp4L

Last edited by Theron
@Stan Galat posted:

Dang, Jim -- I wish I had that right now.

@Stan Galat me too buddy! The car was in great condition, everything worked (AC, cruise, power windows, power door locks, etc) and ran very well. However, with that high mileage there was a LOT of blowby (and a few other oil leaks) and was nowhere near able to pass California's extremely stringent smog test (CRAZY strict particulate restrictions).

I didn't want to put the beaucoup dollars $$$$ into a rebuild, so I donated it to a local Cancer Society for auction (also got the State Tax Form for the tax write-off on the amount of winning bid). BTW, winning bid was $2,500.

I’ve always used Lexol, too, but after a guy on Rennlist recommended some Griot’s garage stuff I bought some and tried it. Porsche seats do this weird thing ie aging like we do. As they get old, they wrinkle just like us, and dirt gets shmushed into the wrinkles. (Which makes them look way worse than they are. Especially on light leather like my grey)  Yogi said he did this treatment 2X and his seats looked like new. I tried it and had the same results.

A good cleaning with their Odor Neutralizing Leather Cleaner followed by two applications of their Leather Rejuvenator in the sun. Made my 30 year old seats like they’re brand new.

Also not $5. I think it was ~$35 for both products at AutoZone.

eta: Mine weren’t quite  this bad, but they went from looking like the right side, to looking like the left side.
IMG_2286

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_2286
Last edited by dlearl476
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.