Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

Brand new to this forum so hello to all. 

I've recently acquired a 57 Porsche Speedster kit along with a donor 70 bug. Here is what I know about the project that never happened. 

This is a Classic Motor Carriage '57 Porsche Speedster C kit car still in it's original crate and package. I only took the sides of the crate off to be able to examine the body. It was purchased 23 years ago and sat in the buyers garage and never assembled.The fiberglass body is excellent and only a couple of minor flaws and when I say minor I mean minor. From what I can tell all the parts that came with the kit are all here; headlight housings, turn signals, trim and all chrome are brand new in perfect condition in their original boxes. Seats, upholstery, door, trunk & lid latches and hardware are all here. Two detailed instruction manuals and parts list are with the kit also. Please see the link provided for detailed photos. 

Along with the kit comes a 1970 VW Bug. It has not been on the road since 1989. It's hard to call this a donor car because this vehicle is in great condition. 46k miles on All original body panels. A brother & sister owned the car new so I am the third owner. The driver seat has sun damage. (see photos) and dash has a few cracks but other than that the interior is really in great shape. Engine is complete but not running. Both kit car and bug are from southern California. 

I would like to sell the project because I already have several projects going on and don't have the room at my shop so I've had to put this in storage. 

If anyone is interested or knows of anyone that would be please pass it along. I'm not sure what kind of price to put on this but open to all offers. Possibly thinking of doing and eBay auction.

Thanks for reading and any input someone would have would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to a photo album. 

https://plus.google.com/photos/1181661159583944766...y8Wi5-3yMg

IMG_0919

IMG_0922

IMG_0905

IMG_0910

IMG_0912

Attachments

Images (5)
  • IMG_0919
  • IMG_0922
  • IMG_0905
  • IMG_0910
  • IMG_0912
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Welcome to the site, Steven!

Wow! What a find, eh?

Just my opinion, but I think you'd do better, money-wise, if you sold the two separately. That's an awfully nice Bug and, with that low mileage, I'd bet you could get  a pretty good price for it, especially if it's a desert car with no rust. Check out www.thesamba.com for price comparisons.

I'm sure Alan (dr. Clock) will weigh in on what the kit is worth but, in that condition, I'm sure you'll do well.

Of course, you could stick around here and maybe you'll be motivated to build it yourself. 

Steven... They are still out there unassembled. I've done a good number of builds and know what it takes both funds and time to complete an entire build......

The presense of the good mold marks and the #223 makes me believe it is an early FiberFab - CMC.

I am very interested, this just might inspire me to do project #33........ just one more. ( Did I just say that ) ?   email me with location and a price you have in mind.

drclockATpa.net    Alan

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.