Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

I posted this originally in the "Newbies" section without much response, so I will try in this section.  Any comments....

How much is Intermeccanica '59 356A Convertible D going for on average.  It is a '86 build coach built car that originally went to Utah.  It is a pan based('69) car with IRS trans and adjustable front end.  It rides on Porsche pattern(5x130) disc/drum set-up running Fuch replicas.  The car is slightly lowered and powered by a "zero mile Scat stroker" 2027cc (78.8x90.5) engine with dual 44idf.  Two transmissions are availble, one 3.88 r&p and one 4.12 r&p with the later presently in the car.  The car is in good running and physical condition. I know there are a lot of factors that affect price but am curious to what it geneally would be worth.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • '59 Intermeccanica 356A Convertible D
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

From what I remember reading, you had received several responses.  Photos were asked for and location was guessed.  Maybe go back to that post and check.  Also for pricing you can look on ebay for completed sales.  I think that condition of over all car is key to pricing and the one photo included looks good, but more information is still needed.

Cheers,

Stephen

Last edited by BADSPD - Stephen

As I posted in you 'Newbie' post, this isn't an 86.  Half way through 1984 Intermeccanica switched over from pan to tube frame.  I know this because mine originally was an 84 and is a pan car, while another forum member, who doesn't post much anymore, has a late 84 tube framed IM.

I'm going to throw out a ballpark figure of low to mid 20s, but to narrow it down any more I'd have to see a lot more photos.  Also, nothing beats seeing the car in person.

Last edited by Ron O

Are you a seller or a buyer? Big difference. No matter what way this transaction is going, if you are in the islands, (808donn), that's a huge penalty, (shipping) for someone to pay.  Furthermore salt air may create some questions.  Cost of listings are cheap, and so is offering a price.  Just do it. And see if you get anything close to what you want.

Thank you all for your responses!

*Ron, I spoke with Henry a while back and he did some research for me.  In '86 IM made both pan and tube based cars at the same time.

*Art, I own the IM in the picture and was wondering what it may be worth.  I am in the islands and I know shipping is a problem (just under a grand to the west coast).  As far as rust goes, no rust on floor pan.

I will keep all your folks comment in mind when I decide to sell (maybe when the daughter goes to college).  Mahalo (Hawaiian for thank you)

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.