Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

NOT MINE.  You see some unusual VW based kit cars but rarely a AH 3k!  This car looks great - a great backup for one of the MG TD replica guys. Not sure how cooling air gets to the engine except from under neath!

http://panamacity.craigslist.org/cto/4211236255.html

1957 CMC Classic Speedster

in Ft Walton Beach, FL

Last edited by WOLFGANG
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

That's odd. I can't tell the size of it. Is it MGB size? MG midget size? AH3k sized?

AH MKIII

Wheelbase:92 in (2,337 mm)
Length:157 in (3,988 mm)
Width:

60 in (1,524 mm)

Karmann Ghia

Wheelbase:  94.48 in (2,400 MM)
Length:162.99 in (4140 mm)
Width:

64.17  in (1,630 mm)

Dimensionally, they start out strikingly similar. Fix that windshield and frame, and you'd be on the right track.

Ted

Last edited by TRP

That there is a Classic Roadsters Ltd. Sebring. Same company that made my TD kit.

After the VW version, they introduced the front engine Sebring and Sebring MX.

The ad says the car has a Ghia drivetrain. Could be...but I recall the cars were built on a Type 1 pan.

The replica is pretty close to an original Austin Healey 3000, maybe slightly bigger. We had a couple very nice examples of front engine cars in the old New Jersey Replicar Club. One of 'em was even crash tested, and did it's job protecting the owner/driver.

Last edited by Paul Mossberg

I always liked the AH 3000 LeMans model with fold down windshield and louvers on the hood.  Guess louvers on the hood wouldn't help much on rear engine based models! Windshield looks like an MGB one flipped.

Like Justin pointed out the Karmann Ghia chassis is identical to T1 bug chassis except the actual floor pans are wider in the foot well area.  Plus the come stock with disc front brakes.

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.