Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Anyone interested in a 911 powered dune buggy? A buddy of mine is selling his for $2,000. It hasn't been started in a couple of years, but ran when he bought it. The chassis has type III Volkswagen adjustable beam and disks up front and the Porsche trans, and disks in the rear.

The only reason that I bother posting it is because the buggy chassis is the same length as the shortened VW chassis' that go under the Speedsters. Might make a cool, total Outlaw ride with this chassis under a wide body.

TC

I'm sure that you guys are right. I just thought that the running gear could be used as is, or if the chassis was off (or on) something could be altered to work. ( chassis' can be lengthened as easily as shortened) Just seems like too cool of a platform to go to the buggy crowd, especially with all of the Outlaw activity now becoming more acceptable (there's nearly an every-other-issue feature in Excellence this year) and the Speedsters coming into their own for what they are, not for what the body mimics. Thought that someone might be interested. I guess that the engine/trans/brakes are from the first year of the 911, which makes them a little more desirable (?) easier to work on (?) then the average bear.

Who knows . . .
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.