Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Are you sure its a speedster? I could be wrong here, but it seems that last speedster 911 was 1993 when 1,000 or so were produced. Real slow seller, but a very cool car in my opinion.

I have seen people convert the 93 and earlier cabriolets (including the 964)to speedsters. Its surprisingly difficult. But haven't seen a 993 done this way.

If its a cabriolet, the prices are surprisingly soft for what is the last of the air-cooled 911's. I've seen them trade hands in the 28-40K region. Right now there is a pretty nice looking 993 cab on evil bay for 32K buy it now, and its a carrera 4 (4-wheel drive cab). That seems like an awfully good deal for a very athletic car.

My brother in-law has a 94 993 cabriolet that he paid $42K for about a year ago. He always pays way too much, but that does not seem to bother him. His car has proven to have zero engine/transmission etc., problems. But the top is another story. One of the top's transmissions (there are two) failed, the top pulled sideways on closing, pinched the material, tore it and then bent the arms. This is a repair well in excess of $5000...

On the Pelican site, I've read about people converting their tops to full manual. Always an option. Frankly, I think a 993 cabbie might just be a darn near perfect car.

angela
Ahhh, so that's it! COOL! I've never seen one considered a 94 that is actually a 964... Doh, sorry! A little quick research shows you guys are right and I'm wrong. Looks like 581 ROW and 469 US speedsters for 1994 were under the "R" program from august 1993 to July 1994, type 964 with 993 starting in Jan 1994.

As far as the value goes - now I have no idea, Theron's probably right. With just a 1000 or so in the whole world, this is a fairly rare car. Many would say it is the last 911 (though the 993 is air-cooled). angela
Not wanting to be too far out in left field, I looked at Autotrader before posting........And, it seems they went north from where I thought they were for a few years. They used to be a $40 to $50K car now; it looks more like $50 to $60k. All in all they have a lot going for them: low production, great looks, strong following and more....If you get it right it is a good place to tuck some of your pocket money............

Good Luck,
Chris
The 94 has a bigger motor but not as tricked out as the engines starting in 1996.The 89 is a 3,2 and has the turbo/widebody which sort of exemplifies the outlaw/speedster.

The 94s usually sell for substantially less than the 89s; like a clean low mileage 89 in triple black or silver over black will fetch $50K and a like color combo 94 maybe $35K-40K

There has been a slide in P-car prices lately. Six months ago most of the 89 cabriolets were getting between $22-24K and on ebay there are a few (high mileage) for under $20K!
Paul, what would be considered "high mileage" for a car like you described? I had a neighbor in Chicagoland who had an early 911S....about 1968 if that is possible....that he used as a daily driver year 'round. He got clobbered in an accident and had to let it go, but at the time it had about 275,000 miles on it. It was a runner!
Hoss
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.