Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks Cory, I picked up a pair, but they won't work . . .

BUT . . . I found someone whose going to chop up a pair of Ghia spindle assemblies and weld them onto a pair of old Beetle link pin/king pin spindle assemblies and include a 2.5 inch drop for me. This way I can run Ghia calipers and four lug rotors drilled for my aluminum Weld wheels in the front and the mix of Ghia ball joint and Beetle link/king pin will bolt right up to the Porsche upper and lower torsion arms. The front sway bar looks like a headache, but that's for later.

For the rear, I welded up a cradle and got a Pro-Comp swing axle/short axle Beetle trans to fit just fine. In addition to the new cradle, I just had to re-locate the shocks and run the shifter rod/linkage above the tunnel rather than inside. I moved the e-brake to the front, out of the way and mounted it vertical rather than horizontal. The tubes also run on top of the tunnel rather than inside.

The rear wheels are aluminum wide five lug Centerlines and the brakes are stock Beetle.

So far, a pretty decent blending of Porsche and VW mechanicals with lots of Speedster fiberglass thrown in for good measure. Might actually be a roller by mid-Winter.
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.