Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

Well, I've gotten used to the new seats in my Speedster, so I'm selling my original seats:

1974 Porsche 914 seats

Saddle or Walnut in color

These seats will fit CMC/Fiberfab, Beck, IM, VS or JPS cars

Price for the pair:  $300 USD plus shipping from 01545 (Shrewsbury, MA)

Look on eBay - semi-decent, used, 914 seats are going for $499 and up

They have the later, thicker bottom cushions (see photos below, and the same cushion that Jack Crosby uses) 

The material of both seats is the original Porsche box-weave pattern.  The vinyl is thick, but soft, and appears to have worn very well with no abrasions, wear spots or cracking with two exceptions (see below).

Complete with original Porsche seat glides and recliners (the entire seat reclines, as original)

The recliners have custom seat rake (recline) adjusters, but the originals could be used (not included)

These glides sit very low to the pan/floor - the seats sit about 2" up off the deck.

Forward/Back motion is controlled by the black ring at the front corner of the bottom cushion.

The head rests are easily removable if you prefer the earlier, stock look.

DSC02352DSC02348

This shot is pretty close to the seat color (at least on my Macbook)

DSC02354

Close-up of the box-weave pattern:

DSC02355

These seats were pulled from a car sitting in inside storage, by me, in 1997 - it had been stored for 15 years or so.  I ran them in my car for 14 years and always had them covered by natural, sheepskin seat covers.  

They have the original Porsche vinyl covers which are in better than very good condition except for the following issues:

Driver's seat, lower outside bolster has a 1-1/2" long tear (looks like the driver's wallet or something tore it cleanly while getting in or out.)  Dr. Clock tells me that any decent auto upholstery shop could replace just that piece with a color-matched replacement for under $100, especially since it is a smooth piece.  Matching, OEM Porsche vinyl material can be bought for $35-$50 per yard and you would need much less than that.

DSC02349

The rest of the driver's seat has no other rips, tears or wear spots.

The passenger seat has a minor cigarette burn on the lower inside bolster, essentially in the same area as the tear in the Driver's seat.  The burn is a surface burn, did not go through the material and is 1/4" diameter.  My local upholstery guy (New England Auto Trim) said that it might be masked by gentle heat massage (beyond my abilities) or that section could be replaced to make the seat mint.  The rest of the passenger seat is in very good to mint condition with no other issues.

DSC02351

These seats are in really good shape I the only reason I replaced them was they never matched the Burgundy color of the rest of my interior.  If you have a brown interior, they might be just the thing for you.

If shipped, I should send them in a medium-size, double-walled, wardrobe shipping container from U-Haul.

Attachments

Images (6)
  • DSC02348
  • DSC02354
  • DSC02355
  • DSC02349
  • DSC02351
  • DSC02352
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Good golly Wolfgang, that's a sorrowful story, but I think I got a worse one.  I was hunting for a replacement for my '68 Chevelle SS396, probably the worst car I have ever owned.  I had read the Motor Trend report which chose the 1970 Porsche 914 as car of the year.  Was I interested? Definitely!  I wound up bypassing that ride and bought a Ford Galaxy 500, a true old man's car.  Now when I look at examples that are for sale, the nice ones seem to be really expensive.  I think that train left the station.   

Thanks, Art

My picky son sometimes reminds me that I should have coated the floor with epoxy garage floor paint before I did the cabinets but, as often is the case, life got in the way of that so I just have to let spiffy cabinets suffice.  That particular area is stain-free.  The rest of the floor....not so much.  

I was very lucky to have found the cabinet set and the timing was perfect, so they worked out.  Keep an eye out for someone you know who's renovating their kitchen and maybe you can get a set cheap (or free!)  THAT's the way to go.  And while I had some doubts about putting white (the look of Birch bark, really) cabinets in a garage (with trying to keep them clean, and all that) they really look terrific.  My son got a whole kitchen worth on Craigslist for $400 and went the route of painting them what he wanted.  Those look great, too.

I did just the opposite.  When I was renovating my kitchen someone I knew wanted old cabinets for a hunting cabin he was building.  I gave mine to him but he had to come and remove them.  So I got my kitchen demo done for free in trade for the cabinets.  The caveat of course was that the demo had to be done my way.  It worked out very well for the both of us.

Gordon, don't know how to PM you and want to buy your 914 seats NOW.  Write me at georgekaracostas@aol.com   or phone me fast at either 409-986-9487 or Cell

409-502-9253.   Until I figure out what final seats will go in my speedster project, your 914 seats, with brown ( what color I am using in the interior) will work for me.  Please contact me directly. Thank you.  Not a secret, my name, email and phone numbers are all over the Internet. 

Gordon, we are nice people. While I am not on some volunteer list , as I still work 60 hours / week, I try to help others in any way possible. All the scrap metal from my car repair business goes to some old man, to help him get "some" money. They don't pay much these days for scrap metal, but he has me, as a steady contributor. And, I give to many charities and donate to my church. My church does a lot for this small city I live in. So, hope to hear from you. ---George K. --
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.